Chapter 18

I wake up in a Hospitial room hooked to an IV. I assume that means I passed out. Great, everything has to be a show with me. I can see my brothers in the hallway, but I don't make any movements to get their attention.

I want to know how long I've been out, and who the hell changed me into this gown. I want Preston and Dylan. I want to be able to get out of this damn bed. I feel dirty, and tired.

I hear my door open and close. I hear footsteps to my bed. I turn my head, and my eyes stare into Dylan's. He jumps up obviously surprised to see that I'm awake.

"Oh my god, your awake" he says holding his hand over his heart.

"What's going on?" I ask confused.

"You passed out in the bathroom, they said you overdosed" he said grabbing for my hand.

"Overdosed?" I question, I knew it was possible. I pooped those things like they were fries, but I didn't want him to know that.

"Yeah, on that new medication you were taking" he says.

"Where's Preston?" I ask, I want to see him.

"He's waiting for my call, he's been pretty worried about you" he says.

"How long was I out" I had no idea if it was even still the same day.

"Three days" I assumed when he said that he was playing a joke on me. He was not. I was out for three days.

"Where is everyone else?" Referring to my brothers specifically.

"Junior and Marcus are outside, Logan is still at school"

"Where's my phone?" I ask, I needed to check my messages and most importantly didn't really want my brothers to see what was on it.

"It's in the car, I'll charge it and bring it up for you" he says going to get Junior and Marcus.

Dylan goes outside and the boys come in. They look exhausted, surely they didn't stay here this whole time without going home.

Junior comes and sits beside me. He doesn't get to say anything before a doctor comes in and starts examining me.

Checking my vitals and making sure I'm not loopy. Or suffering with amnesia or something. He also checks my foot, which I assume means I got stitches.

Soon, we'll not really soon, he leaves. Leaving us alone again. Marcus had taken it upon himself to occupy himself with his phone.

*****

"Even in a hospital bed, your beautiful"

I turn towards the door and see Preston standing there.

"Hi" I say, I wanted to see him don't get me wrong. It's just him being here makes me realize the damage I'm doing to him.

"You really scared me" he says.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" I say.

"Your just lucky I like you enough to forgive you" it's the like that throws me off.

"So, did Dylan call you?" I ask.

"Yeah, I thought it was you so I was a little disappointed when I heard his voice instead of yours. I guess he used your phone to call me" he says.

"So, what happened at this dinner, the last thing I remember is going to the bathroom" I say.

"Well, you had been gone for a while so Madeline went to check on you. When you didn't respond to the knocks or say anything Dylan went heroic and kicked the door down. You were on the floor in front of the toilet and then Junior called 911"