Chapter 30

A few days later...

Melody's POV

"Mom, please don't freak out when I tell you this

"Mom, please don't freak out when I tell you this." I pleaded with my mom and she sighed.

"Ok, but Mel, you looked more freaked out than I am." She said and I took a deep breath.

"What's going on?" My mom asked me. I was so fucking nervous. I didn't wanna know her reaction. I was afraid that she was gonna flip out.

"Mom, I'm—." I paused.

"Melly, you're what?" She asked me and a few tears slipped from my eyes.

"I'm pregnant." I finished and my mom just looked at me. Then, she started laughing. I frowned because she thinks I'm joking.

"Mom, this is serious. Why are you laughing?" I asked her.

"You're kidding, right. Is this a prank or something. Where's the camera?" She continued to laugh and I just looked at her. I can't believe her. This is serious. She looked up and when she saw my face, she stopped.

I handed her the positive pregnancy test. She looked at it, then gasped.

"Melody Jenson. What have you done?" She growled, anger in her eyes.

"I'm sorry mom. It— It just happened. I—."

"How could you be so fucking careless. Where is your head? We've had so many talks and discussions about this and you still managed to be stupid and make a dumb decision."

"Mom, I said I was sorry. It was a mistake." I sobbed.

"Damn right it was a mistake. I thought I raised you right, Melody. I know I didn't raise a fucking slut." She insulted me and that made me heart wrench.

"I'm not a slut, mom." More tears streamed down my cheeks.

"god, why did I do to deserve this?

"You left me with no choice, Mel. I'm sending you to your dad's." She said and my eyes widened.

"No, you can't do that! I'm not staying with that asshole."

"We've been talking about it for a while now. We think it's best if you stay with him. You almost failed your senior year because of these boys. You get distracted so easily, it's for your own good." She said.

"I'm not going. He hit me. If he did it once, he'll definitely do it again. I'm not staying there."

"Well maybe you should've thought about that before having unprotected sex."

"I'm not going to his house." I growled, standing up so quickly and leaving the house.

"Melody!!" My mom screamed for me, but I didn't listen. I just wanted to get out of there. "Melody, you're being dramatic." She said, but I ignored her.
———

Jack's POV

I buried my hands in my face

I buried my hands in my face. Johnson sat beside me. I told him everything and he sat there shocked

"Dude, why didn't you wear a fucking condom? Are you dumb or something?" He asked me and I sighed.

"I wasn't thinking. I didn't think she'd get pregnant, man. I mean, yea, if you have unprotected sex, she would, but. I guess it slipped my mind that I needed to wear a fucking condom. It was prom night, you know. We were just—."

"Horny fucking kids who forgot to use protection."

"Yea, you're right."

"I'm actually disappointed in you Jack. And that's saying something, considering you've done pretty bad things. This is the worst of them all. I thought after Madison, you'd be more careful." He said and I groaned.

"Shut up with that, ok? I regret that. And she fucking aborted that baby without my knowledge. She wasn't even gonna tell me she was pregnant." I growled at him and he sighed.

"Well, how do you feel about this? Melody being pregnant?" He asked me.

"I want this baby, J. Is it bad that I'm happy that MJ's gonna have my kid? I love her so much and I can't imagine what I'd do without her. She changed me. She made me wanna be a better person just for her." I admitted. 

"You know I've never felt this way about anyone, man." I looked toward Johnson and he was just looking back at me.

"I'm happy for you man, honestly. But how are you gonna take care of a baby? No offense, but you're barely able to take care of yourself sometimes." He questioned.

"I'll find away, J. There's always a way. This isn't just some girl we're talking about here, this is Melody Jenson. I wanna do everything right just for her." I said and he nodded.

"I'll help you. I'm with you every step of the way. Both of y'all are my best friends. I'd do anything to help you guys." Johnson patted my back.

"Thanks J. It means a lot." I thanked and hugged him. Then, there was knocking on the door.

I got up and went to go open the door and saw MJ.

"Baby, what are you doing here?" I asked her. I noticed her cheeks were stained with tears and her eyes were red and puffy. "What happened?" I asked her again.

"My mom is sending me away to live with my dad." She whispered, ready to cry again. "I don't wanna live him, Jack. I hate him. He even hit me last time we saw each other. Jack, I can't. He's inflicted so much pain in my mom and me." She shed a few more tears and I pulled her inside my house.

"I'm guessing you told her." I said and she nodded, wrapping her arms around my waist and hugging me tightly.

"I don't wanna leave you, Jack. What if I never see you again?" She questioned looking up at me. I can't lose MJ. How am I supposed to be there for her if she's gone? Her parents want her to move in with her dad. I can't let that happen.

THE END.