Chapter 9

A few weeks later...

Jack's POV

I've been ignoring MJ for the past few weeks

I've been ignoring MJ for the past few weeks. I've stopped driving her to school and back home.

I don't know why, but when she told me she was a virgin, I freaked out. One, I've never had a thing with a virgin. Two, she just doesn't look like the girl who'd be a virgin. The way she kissed me, no virgin kisses like that. I've kissed a few so I know what I'm talking about.

To be honest, I like her, but only for her body. I don't do that relationship shit. I don't have time for that. The only girl I've been in the longest relationship with was Madison. I regret that a lot. She's such a slut and too clingy.

I walked out of my History class. I had Geometry next and MJ was in that class with me. She sits right next to me so it'll be hard to ignore her. I've been skipping that class, but now I can't because I'll be suspended if I skip.

I saw Johnson and he looked up and saw me, then walked over to me.

"Hey, bro." He greeted me.

"Hey, what's up?" I fist bumped him.

"Nothin' much. You going to Wilk's party tonight?" I asked him.

"Yea." J answered. I saw MJ walking into our Geometry class. She didn't even look my way. She's tried to talk to me, but I always ignore her. I guess she finally got the hint.

Johnson and I walked into class and sat in our seats. I glanced at MJ, but she didn't seem to notice me next to her.

"Hey, Mel." Johnson greeted her with a smile.

"Hey, JJ." She greeted him back.

"How's it going? You seem down." He asked her.

"Nothing, everything's fine. I promise." She gave him a small smile.

"You sure?" He asked. She nodded. "Sam's havin' a party tonight. I think it'd be great if you went. I could pick you up." Johnson suggested.

"MJ isn't a party girl. You know that J." I muttered, giving her a look. She frowned, looking down at her lap. J shot me a look.

"I don't know, I have to ask my mom first." She said.

"Oh, so your a mommy's girl now?" I questioned just to piss her off. She took a deep breath.

"Cool it, G." Johnson snapped at me and I shut my mouth.

"Anyway, if your mom says no, call me. I'll convince her and then she'll agree 'cause she loves me." Johnson shrugged. MJ giggled.

"She does. Probably even more than me." She answered.

"Alright, class. Settle down." The teacher instructed. Everyone quieted down and the teacher started the lesson.
———