Chapter 3

Melody's POV

Tonight's dinner was horrible

Tonight's dinner was horrible. That hoe my 'dad' likes to call his girlfriend was talking shit about my mom. For no reason.

So she 'offered' to help my mom clean up in the kitchen. Me, being the inquisitive child I am, along with Dina, silently followed them and eavesdropped on their conversation. Hoanna said the meanest things to my mom.

"You're an ugly piece of shit. It's a shame that no man wants you. That's why your husband left you for me. And that child of yours is probably adopted because she doesn't even look like you. She's way too pretty to be your daughter." What?!

That is a fucking lie. I look exactly like my mom and nothing like the bastard that's supposed to be my father.

And guess what she decided to say as soon as we sat at the table for dessert. She started calling my mother beautiful and asking why my 'dad' left such a beautiful woman like her. That was it for me and I snapped.

"Listen here, Hoanna! You're a lying ass bitch! You think Dina and I didn't hear what your fake ass said to my mom?! We heard you calling her an ugly piece of shit and that no man wants her! Do you know how many men have asked her out?! But guess what?! She turned them all down because she respects herself! And now you're over here calling my mother beautiful, which she definitely is! All of my features are from my mother! I'm not adopted! And my mom doesn't spread her fucking legs for every guy she sees like you do! I've seen you matter of fact, with countless other guys! Like last month, you were with my boyfriend's father! Remember?! My mother is the most respectful and respected woman you'll ever meet! Don't overstep your fucking boundaries! Ever!" That is exactly what I said to her.

And you know what she said and did? She gave us fake tears and said:

"I don't know what you're talking about. Why are you being so rude and giving these false accusations about me? You don't even know me!" She sobbed.

I leaped across the table and knocking her off her chair and onto the ground. I started to punch the shit out of her fake face. She struggled to get me off of her, but I was stronger. I took her head and just as I was about to slam it on the ground, I felt a strong pair of arms pull me off of her, but I managed to get a few more punches to her plastic face.

"Melody, what the fuck is your problem?! Show some fucking respect!" He yelled at me. Yea, like he would know anything about respect.

"I should show respect?! Maybe your slut of a fiancé shouldn't talk shit to my mom like that! Did you hear what the fuck this bitch said to her?! Or maybe you shouldn't have come here to begin with! Don't you see that you already fucked things up!" I screamed.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm your father, goddamnit!" He yelled at me.

"You are not my fucking father. My father wouldn't walk out on his family for some plastic Barbie whore!" I yelled.

Before I realized it, his hand connected with my face, knocking me to the ground. I clutched my cheek and looked up at the asshole, tears streaming down my cheeks. He was very angry, but as soon as he saw my face, his expression changed to a look of shock. Hoanna looked more shocked than him.

"Mel, I'm so--." He got cut off.

"Are you sick?! Who does that to their own kid?!" Dina screamed at him, rushing to my side.

"Johnathan, why the hell would you do that?" My mom, whispered, her voice shaking slightly.

"Stella. I didn't mean it. I--." My mom cut him off.

"Get the fuck out of my house." She growled.

"Stella—."

"I said get out! Now! And take that whore with you! And don't you ever think about coming back or contacting us!" She screamed, crying. They left the house immediately.

"I'm sorry, mom." I cried.

"Mel, don't be sorry for anything. You defended me and that's all I care about. Let's get ice for your face." My mom comforted me. "Dina, could you please lock the front door for me?" She asked her and she obeyed. My mom helped me up and led me to the kitchen.

She sat me on the counter and went into the freezer, opening it up and taking out an ice pack. She handed it to me and I silently thanked her. Dina came back and sat down next to me.

"You know, I was trying so hard not to laugh when you were fighting Joanna." My mom said. I started to laugh and so did Dina.

"She had it coming. I'm surprised you didn't even do it yourself. I would have." I laughed.

"You should've seen the look on her face. It was hilarious." Dina laughed.
———

After our laughing fits, Dina and I helped my mom clean up the place and wash the dishes. It took us about 20 minutes to finish cleaning everything.

"Alright girls. I'm off to bed. Good night. Oh and Dina, Mel's not going to school tomorrow so if you'd like to stay, I'll call your mom." My mom said.

"I wanna stay over. Thank you, Ms. Jenson. Have a good night." Dina nodded.

"Good night mom." I said and kissed her cheek. Then, my mom went upstairs. Dina and I stayed downstairs and basically binge watched Netflix and didn't go to school the next day or the day after.

Friday was literally the last day of school before summer break. And the last day I'll be in Cali. I'm gonna miss it here. Especially Dina. She was the only real friend I ever had. I'll never forget her.