Chapter 27

About 2 weeks later...

Melody's POV

I flushed the toilet groggily

I flushed the toilet groggily. I've been feeling so sick the past few days. I have no idea what's wrong with me.

I'm supposed to be graduating today and I'm over here, hunched over the fucking toilet. I heard knocking on my door.

"Melody, sweetheart, are you ok in there? You're gonna be late for you graduation." My mom called through the door.

"Yea, I'm ok. I'll be done soon, mom." I answered her.

"Ok, just hurry up." She said and left. I managed to get on my feet and go over to the sink to brush my teeth.
———

After my shower, I entered my room, feeling a little more refreshed. I still felt a little nauseous, but I think I'll be fine. I rummaged through my closet to get an outfit.

I did my hair and makeup, put on my heels quickly, before making my way downstairs with my phone

I did my hair and makeup, put on my heels quickly, before making my way downstairs with my phone. I felt a little queasy again, but I just took a deep breath before walking into the kitchen. 

"Mel, are you ready, now?" I heard my mom call me.

"Yea, mom." I said and when she saw me, she gasped.

"Oh Melly." She gushed and I smiled.

"You're gonna be leaving me soon." She shed a few tears and I couldn't help, but do the same. Being away from my mom is already hard when she has to go on her business trips. But now, since I'm the one leaving, I don't know what'd I'd do without her.

She was always there for me when I needed  her and I don't wanna leave her by herself. We hugged immediately.

"I love you, mom." I sniffled.

"I love you, too, sweetheart." She sighed, kissing my head. "Ok, where's your cap and gown?" She asked me.

"They're gonna give it to us there." I answered and she nodded.

"Ok, get in the car now or we'll be late." She said and I nodded.
———

"Welcome Class of 2019 to your graduation ceremony!!" The principal announced and everyone of us cheered.