Chapter 16

A month later...

Jack's POV

It's been a month since MJ and I started dating

It's been a month since MJ and I started dating. Everyone knows about it and approves, except for a few people. There are some girls at school who spread fake rumors about MJ, trying to embarrass her. They're Madison's 'minions' you could say.

Madison is the worst. She's trying so hard to make MJ's life here miserable, but just ends up humiliating herself. Guys would hit on MJ more than they did before, but knowing her, she'd never fall for it.

I was at MJ's locker, waiting for her so that we could go to my house. I was done with basketball practice and she wanted to wait for me. My phone dinged. I clicked on my messages to see that it was from a blocked number.

'Hey babe. It's MJ. Meet me in room 11B instead.'

Why would she text me from a blocked number. I shrugged off the though and went to room 11B, where Melody said to meet her.

Room 11B was one of those rooms that no one really used or even knew or cared about. It was cleaned like the rest, but not used. It was all the way in the back of the school.
———

I got to the room in about ten minutes. Why would she wanna meet me here? I opened the door to the room and it was quiet and empty.

"MJ?" I called for her.

"Babe, what took you so long?" I heard someone ask behind me. I turned around not to see MJ, but Madison.

"Where's MJ?" I asked.

"She isn't here. I called you here." She said, biting her lip.

"What do you want, Madison? Can't you get it that we're done?" I rolled my eyes.

"Jack, I miss us, ok. You can't tell me you don't miss me." She said.

"I don't miss you, Madison." I said.

"Not even just a little bit?" She stepped toward me, placing a hand on my chest. I rolled my eyes. She wrapped her arms around my neck. She brought her lips up to mine and kissed me, but I didn't kiss her back.

"C'mon, Jack. You definitely miss me." She urged me, kissing on my neck. I pushed her away.

"Sure Madison. I miss you cheating on me. I miss how much we argued and how much we ignored each other. I miss the horrible sex too. Great times." I said sarcastically, making her frown.

"Seriously? What do you even see in her?" She asked me, crossing her arms over her chest.

"She's respectful. She doesn't go sleeping with other guys just because I won't fuck her. She actually wears clothes and doesn't cake her face with makeup. She's friends with my friends and everyone loves her. That's all I need from a girl." I told her.

"Please, that's bull shit. Since when did you want to be in a relationship?" She sassed.

"Since I met MJ. You know, you should actually try and be her friend instead of being a bitch to her. She literally hasn't done anything to you." I pushed past her and left the room.
———

Melody's POV

The past month has been the best

The past month has been the best. Jack and I started dating, I didn't give him my virginity, but he was so sweet about it. He said he'd wait for me. He's such a sweetheart. All of this feels like a dream. Who knew I'd be the one to date Jack Gilinsky? Be his girlfriend?

I walked out of the bathroom, going to meet up with Jack by my locker. He was at basketball practice and I decided to wait for him so he could drive me home.

My phone dinged in my purse. I pulled it out to see that I got a text from Jack, saying to meet him in the gym.

It was from a blocked number, though, which was strange. Why would he be texting through a number that isn't even his? Maybe his phone is broken?

I shrugged, and walked to the gym like he told me to.

I got there in five minutes and entered. The room was dark, until a single light turned on. I gasped, a little surprised.

"Babe?" I called Jack. No answer. I was beginning to grow scared. "Babe, this isn't funny. You know I don't like when you scare me." I pleaded. Still no answer.

I huffed and decided to call his phone. After a few rings, he picked up.

"MJ, where are you?" He asked me.

"What the hell do you mean where am I? You told me to meet you in the fucking gym! And I don't get it because it was from a blocked number so I just assumed you phone wasn't working, but clearly it is." I was really frustrated because I just wanted to go home.

"Babe, I didn't text you through a blocked number. Get out of the gym now. I'll be there in a few minutes. Go to your locker." He told me and hung up. I groaned in frustration. I was about to walk back out until a voice stopped me.

"Boyfriend giving you a hard time?" A voice asked behind me, startling me. I turned around to see Derek walking into the light. I scoffed.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Is that a rhetorical question? I have a hot girl standing right in front of me. What do you think I want?" He questioned, amusement lacing his voice.

"Where's Jack? Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Your little boyfriend isn't here. Just me. Plus, I wanna see what Jack sees in you. Why does he suddenly want to be in a relationship?" He shrugged, slowly walking towards me.

"Don't touch me you pig." I growled, backing away. He grabbed my arm, making me scream instantly. "Let go of me!" I growled and punched him with my free hand.

He punched me back, causing me to fall and hit my head on the floor. I whimpered. I heard someone burst through the gym doors. The room started to get darker and I felt something wet on my head.

"MJ, babe. Are you ok?" I think Jack asked me. "Oh shit, you're bleeding. Baby, are you ok?" He panicked.

"I'm fine, baby." I told him before the room got dark.