Chapter 6

Melody's POV

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My alarm blared, giving me a mini heart attack. I shrieked and fell out of my bed. I recovered quickly and went straight into my bathroom to get ready.

I brushed my teeth, flossed, and rinsed my mouth with Listerine mouth wash. I turned on the shower, and made sure my water was the right temperature.

Then, I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I washed my hair and body, then stepped back out of the shower.

I wrapped one towel around my body and another towel around my hair. I went into my room and put lotion on my body. I put on a black, lace bra and white Calvin Klein panties.

Then, I went into my closet and picked out an outfit. I put on a grey top with ripped jeans.

I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in, leaving it in its natural state

I pulled my hair out of the bun it was in, leaving it in its natural state. Next was my make up. I kept it simple, just putting on concealer, mascara, winged eyeliner, and lip gloss. I grabbed my bag and shoved my laptop and its charger into it, along with my phone charger.

Then, I put on my black vans, took my phone from the night stand, and jogged downstairs. My mom wasn't awake yet. I shrugged and got out strawberries from my fridge, washing and eating them. After eating my strawberries, I poured a glass of orange juice and drank that.

I heard a horn beep outside. It must be Mandy. I texted my mom that I was leaving and was out the door, and locked it. I hopped into Mandy's Jeep.

"Hey girl, you look cute." She greeted me.

"Morning to you too." I giggled.

"Are you ready for your first day at Omaha High?" She asked.

"I'm fucking nervous to be honest." I answered truthfully.

"It's ok. By the end of the day, you'll love it. Trust me." She told me. I nodded. I just hope she's right.
———

We got to school in almost no time. Mandy parked her car and turned off the ignition. I got out of the car and so did she and locked the doors. I followed her into the building and through the halls. There was barely anyone here.