Chapter 2

A few hours later...

Melody's POV

I packed as many of my things as I could

I packed as many of my things as I could. After a while, I got tired and went to take a longs shower.

I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes. I stepped in and immediately felt relaxed under the warm water. I shampooed my hair and lathered soap onto my body.

When I was done, I rinsed off all the soap and shampoo. Then, I turned off the water and stepped out, grabbing my towel. I dried off and exited the bathroom.

I put on some lotion before slipping on a sports bra and Nike pros. Then, I put on my Adidas sandals and went downstairs, tying my hair into a messy bun. As soon as I came down, I smelled the savory scent of my mom's cooking.

"Mel, can you do me a favor and add two extra plates on the table? We have guests coming over soon." My mom told me. I obeyed.

"Ok, and by the way, Dina's coming." I said.

"No problem." She said.

"Who's coming?" I asked, while setting the table.

"Umm. Your dad and his fiancé." She answered, hesitantly. My eyes widened.

"Mom, are you serious right now?! Why? After he hurt you, you're still letting him back into your life?" I asked in disbelief.

"Honey, I'm just being nice, ok? I don't want to do this as much as you do. It'll be over before you know it. Please dress properly for me." She commanded.

"I'm only doing this because I love you, mom." I sighed.

"Thanks sweetheart. I'll let you skip school tomorrow if you want." She suggested. I smiled. I didn't really want to see Drew or Jade yet. Or at all

"I'm not gonna promise to be nice, though." I said and went upstairs after setting the table. I went through my closet and picked out a yellow long sleeve top that said 'GOODVIBES'. I rolled it up to show my stomach and matched it with high waisted ripped jeans.

 I rolled it up to show my stomach and matched it with high waisted ripped jeans