Chapter 5

Three months later...

Melody's POV

Omaha is fucking awesome

Omaha is fucking awesome. It's so beautiful and the guys here are so fucking hot.

Drew and I broke up a few months ago when he found out I was moving. I lost one of my 'friends' Jade. They ended up dating, as Dina told me.

Turns out, Drew was cheating on me with Jade for the past year. It really hurt that he'd do that to me, but I'm over it. He's moved on and so will I.

Dina and I are still very close. I mean, we were best friends since we were three. Dina and I stay in touch, letting each other know what's going on in the other's life.

My mom loves her new job. She's made a friend and he's so nice to her and even me. Her friend also has a daughter who's my age, but she's older by about two months. Her name is Amanda, but I call her Mandy.

Mandy and I got along pretty well as soon as we met and now we're close friends

Mandy and I got along pretty well as soon as we met and now we're close friends. I introduced Mandy to Dina and they love each other so much.

I'll be going to Omaha High soon, which is the same school Mandy goes to. She told me everything I needed to know about the school.

She also told me that most of the senior guys were hot so that's a plus. I'll probably find a guy sooner than I thought. She told me about the school's slut: Madison Beer. She's really pretty, I'm not gonna lie, but she seems like a total bitch.

Mandy also told me about Jack Gilinsky. The hottest and most popular guy in school. He sounds like a fuckboy to me, but you never know. You can't judge a book by its cover, right?

I've never seen him, not even a picture so I'm not sure whether he's hot or not. Mandy wouldn't show me anyway. She said she wanted me to be surprised.

Now, back to my life. Mandy and I were at the mall, buying outfits for school. The first day was tomorrow and I wanted to make a good first impression of myself since I'd be the new girl at Omaha High.

"Let's go to Forever 21." She told me.

"Ok, but can we just put our stuff in the car first? We have so many things to hold already." I whined.

"Yea." She agreed and we went back to her Jeep to put our things into the trunk. It took us about ten minutes to get back.

We walked into Forever 21 and looked through many outfits and chose a ton. Some were party outfits and others were outfits for school and casual ones. I got a lot of cute outfits that I really liked.

Mandy and I spent at least three more hours at the mall buying more clothing and accessories like bags, jewelry, and shoes.

We were now in the food court of the mall, having Wendy's. Mandy and I had just been talking. I pulled out my phone. It was almost nine.

"Mandy, we should go now. It's getting late." I told her. She nodded and got up, taking her food with her.

I mirrored her actions and we exited the mall, going back to Mandy's Jeep, taking our shopping bags with us.
———

Mandy drove us back to my house. I opened her trunk and took my bags out and managed to get all of them.

"Bye, Mel. I'll pick you up tomorrow. Be ready." Mandy said.

"K, bye." I waved to her. She blew me a kiss and drove off. I got to my front door and unlocked it with my key. I walked inside and relocked the door.

"Mom, I'm home!" I called.

"I'm upstairs, Melody!" She yelled back. I went upstairs with my bags and put them in my room. Then, I went to my mom's room. She was in a black dress, her hair was curled, and her make up was on point.

"Oooh. Where you going, mama?" I asked her.

"On a date with Mark." She answered, making me gasp.

"Aww mom. You look so beautiful." I gushed.

"Thanks, honey. I'll be back late so don't stay up too late because you have school tomorrow." She instructed.

"K, I love you mom. Have fun." I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you. I love you, too. And don't worry about Drew or Jade, ok. You'll find someone better than him and you have Dina. I know it." She assured me.

"Thanks mom." I thanked her and hugged her tighter. She kissed my head and we pulled away. Then, the doorbell rang.

"He's here. Lock the door for me." My mom demanded and I followed her downstairs.

"Have fun!" I called as she went down the stairs to Mark's car. I waved and then locked the door when they drove away.

I decided to finish my Wendy's and take a shower. I did that and put on a black tank top and Nike pros with black Nike ankle socks.

I tied my hair into a bun and climbed into my bed. I pulled out my phone and called Dina.

"Hey Mel, hows it going?" Dina greeted me immediately.

"Everything's great. I just came back from the mall with Mandy." I told her.

"Ooooo. How's she doing? I miss her." She said.

"She's good." I said with a laugh. They love each other so much, I swear.

"So, your first day's tomorrow, huh?" She questioned.

"Yea, and I'm pretty nervous. What if they don't like me Dina or they make fun of me for being a virgin all over again?" I sighed.

"They will love you, babes. Trust me. You're so likable and the sweetest person I've ever met." She said and that made me feel a lot better.

"Aww, Thanks D." I gushed.

"No problem. Where's your mom?"

"She's on a date." I squealed and so did she.

"Oh my god. Is he hot?" She asked.

"Dina!" I scolded her and she giggled.

"What, I just wanna know." She protested.

"Ok, he's attractive." I said.

"Honestly, I'm so happy for your mom. She deserves it." She said.

"I'll tell her you said. It'll mean so much to her." I smiled.
——

We talked a little more, and soon, it was time for me to go to sleep.

"We'll talk soon, babes. I love you. Get some rest." Dina wrapped up the conversation.

"Thanks, bestie. I love you, too. I'll call soon." I said and then she hung up. I put my phone down on my night stand and got under my covers. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.

Tomorrow my life will be so much more different than it was before. And I'm kinda excited.