Chapter 17

A few hours later...

Melody's POV

I groaned loudly, sitting up slowly

I groaned loudly, sitting up slowly. I was in a hospital bed. But why? How'd I even get here? I thought I was with Jack. Where's Jack?

The door opened, revealing my worried mom, my boyfriend, JJ, Kelly, Mandy, and the rest of the guys.

"Melody. Oh my god. You're ok. Don't ever fucking scare me like that. What happened?" She rushed and hugged me tightly.

"Ugggh, mom, you're embarrassing me." I groaned, turning red. Ooh wait. Ok. My voice actually sounded kinda sexy right now. Even though it doesn't feel like it.

"What happened to you Mel?" She asked me. I shrugged. I don't remember anything that happened. All I know was that I was looking for Jack.

"I just remember looking for Jack." I told her.

"Jack, hun. Do you know what happened?" My mom asked, turning to Jack.

"Derek punched her in the face." He explained briefly.

"He what?!?!" I growled, then groaned because my head was killing me.

"Who's Derek?" My mom questioned.

"Some guy at my school who hates me." He said nervously.

"Ugggghh." I groaned and plopped back down onto my bed. My head was pounding like crazy.

"Anyway, the doctor said you should stay home for like 3 weeks and I gotta go on a business trip tomorrow, so I'm gonna have Jack stay with you." She told me and I mentally was doing a happy dance.

I didn't have to go to school and I got to spend that time with my boyfriend. I nodded. Maybe I can give him my virginity then.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Like a few hours." JJ answered.

"Oh ok." I nodded. "Thanks guys for visiting me. It means a lot." I thanked them.

"Your welcome." Everyone answered, making me smile.

"Can I please talk to Jack in private?" I asked and everyone nodded, leaving the room.

"Ok, Mel, I'm going back to work. I'll come later to pick you up." She said.

"Actually, can Jack bring me home?" I asked.

"Ok. I'll let the nurses know." She agreed.

"Thanks mom, I love you." I blew her a kiss.

"I love you, too." She waved with a smile before leaving the room. The door closed and it was just me and Jack.

"Did you wanna tell me something?" Jack asked me.

"No, I just want your face to be the last one I see before I fall asleep." I yawned and my eyes struggled to stay open.

"Are you tired? I can go if you want, babe." Jack asked.

"No, no. It's ok. I want you to stay." I said and he did.

"I'm so sorry I let this happen to you. I should've come faster." He apologized after a few moments of silence.

"Babe, it wasn't your fault, ok? Maybe I shouldn't have punched him first." I said.

"But I could've been there to protect you. I should've let you stay with me in the gym during practice or had you wait in my car, or taken you—."

I sat up, kissing him, which made him shut up. He kissed me back slowly, holding my cheek. Soon, I pulled away and smirked.

"Please stop talking." I said and he nodded. I lied back down. There was more silence.

"You know, I never saw myself being in a serious relationship. Ever. And I never saw myself with a girl like you. You're different from all the girls I've been with and I love that about you. I love you, MJ." He said and that made me smile brightly. A few tears rolled down my cheeks.

"You love me? You really love me, Jack?" I gasped. I was not expecting that. Especially from him. I always thought I'd say it first.

"Of course, MJ. You're my whole world. My everything." He said and that made my heart melt.

"I love you, too, Jack." I wiped my tears and he leaned down to kiss me. I kissed him back briefly, before pulling away to look into his eyes. Then I lied back down.

"I would fuck you right now, but I can't. You're hurt and I respect that. And because I want your first time to be special. I'm still gonna wait as long as you need." He said and I rolled my eyes at him. I yawned. I'm really tired now. "Get some rest love. I'll see you later, ok? I love you, MJ." Jack kissed my head.

"I love you, too, Jack." I told him and he hugged me, then walked out of the room. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.