Chapter 1

Melody's POV

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as soon as I opened the door to my house

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as soon as I opened the door to my house. My mom appeared from the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand.

"Hey sweetie. How was school?" She asked me with a kiss to my forehead.

"The usual. Stupid." I answered. She laughed.

"I have something to tell you." My mom said, closing the door behind me. We entered the kitchen and I washed my hands before opening the refrigerator.

"What's up?" I questioned.

"Well, you know how I was applying for a new job and went to a couple of interviews?" She asked.

"Yeah." I answered and nodded, pulling out the ingredients to make a ham and cheese sandwich.

"Well, one called today and I got a job." She squealed. I smiled and hugged my mom.

"Mom that's great. Congrats." I answered, really happy for my mom. I pulled away and saw my mom's expression change.

"There's a catch, though." She said.

"What is it?" I asked, kind of dreading the answer.

"Friday's your last day at school. We leave for Nebraska Saturday afternoon." She answered. My face fell.

"Mom." I looked at her.

"Melody..."

"You want me to leave my best friends and Drew? This is my home and suddenly we're moving? You expect me to leave everything behind and start a new life?" I asked a little shocked and upset. My mom nodded. A few tears slipped from my eyes.

"Baby, don't cry. Please. You should at least be a little happy. All the teasing and mocking will stop." She said and embraced me into another hug. She did have a point. I hated how I was made fun of for being a virgin at school.

Even some of the girls who were definitely virgins made fun of me. I just don't understand sometimes. It's weird because if I wasn't a virgin, I'd be called a slut or a whore. It just doesn't make sense to me. At all.

I just want to lose my virginity to the right guy, you know? Someone I can trust and would respect me for it. Is that too much to ask?

My boyfriend, Andrew, didn't care that I was a virgin. He still loved me for me and I love him just as much. He's cheated a couple times, but I forgave him. He's still the love of my life.

My best friends Jade and Dina weren't virgins, but they never made fun of me for being one. They always stick up for me and defend me whenever someone attempts to tease me. I love them for that which is why we became bffs. Too bad I'll probably never see them again.

"You're right, mom." I answered her with a sigh.

"I'm really sorry, baby." She apologized.

"It's okay, really. I'm happy you found a job." I sighed and went upstairs, taking my bag with me.