Chapter 23

About a week later...

Melody's POV

I haven't left my room for a whole week

I haven't left my room for a whole week. Well, except to get food, water, and take showers. I haven't gone to school at all. I haven't hung out with my friends, I haven't even talked to my own mom. I isolated myself from everyone.

A lot of people tried to get me to talk to them, but I ignored them all. I don't wanna talk to anyone. I just wanna be alone and disappear.

I miss Jack so much. I've been trying to call him, but he would ignore me, just like I ignored him. I know he hates me so much.

I really wish I let him explain that night, but at the same time, he could've used that chance to lie to me. I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know if he actually cheated or Derek set him up, but either way, it hurts.
———

Soon, there was knocking on my door.

"Go the fuck away!" I screamed, just wanting the person to leave.

"It's me, Mandy. Babes, I just wanna talk to you." She pleaded.

"If you're not Jack, then go home!" I yelled. I heard Mandy sigh and footsteps walk away. I cried all over again.
———

A few hours later...

I just lied there in my bed for hours. I didn't wanna do anything. I just wanted to be left alone forever.

There was knocking on my again and I groaned.

"Melody, it's me, Mandy again. I brought Kelly and Madison with me. And I brought your favorites. I got cheese pizza, hot Cheetos, a sprite, and a tub of cookies and cream ice cream." She said.

I lit up and got out of my bed immediately, opening the door. There stood Mandy, Kelly, and Madison. Wait a minute. Madison?!

What the fuck was Madison doing here? Mandy handed me the box of pizza and other food she bought me.

"Thank you." I mumbled, letting all of them in. I put all my food down and glared at the bitch in front of me.

"What the hell do you want?" I crossed my arms over my chest. god, I hate her so much. She sighed.

"I came here to clear things up with you. To apologize for everything." She answered.

"Go on." I nodded.

"Jack didn't really cheat on you." She said. I scoffed.

"Yea right. I'm supposed to believe that? There was a video and everything. He fucking lied to me." I said.

"No, Melody. That wasn't really him." She said and I was confused again.

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The video Derek sent you was of me and him." She said and my eyes widened.

"What?!" I growled. She looked down.

"You fucking butch. I had sex with that son of a bitch because I thought he helped me!!!" I screamed and lunged at her, but Mandy and Kelly held me back.

"I'm so sorry, Melody. He wanted you to think it was Jack. At the time, I was jealous of you and Jack because I missed him so much." She admitted. She looked down in shame.

"Why are you telling me this? I thought you hated me. That you'd do anything to make my life fucking miserable." I questioned.

"I'm only telling you this because I finally realized that Derek is a jerk. I thought about what I did and how I'd feel if it were me in your position. I didn't want anyone doing the same thing to me." She said and I stayed silent. I think I believe her.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you. You didn't deserve what I did. You didn't do anything to me. I was just jealous of you. I didn't wanna lose Jack, but by being a bitch to you, I did." She said.

"You? We're jealous of me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yea, I was. I just want us to be friends. You seem so nice and all and I don't wanna be enemies." She admitted. I smiled.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry for being rude all the time." I apologized and we hugged.

"It's fine." I said.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Derek's planning on sending Jack the video of you and him, you know, a few nights after you two broke up. I don't know when, but you gotta get to Jack before Derek does." She told me. Oh my god, seriously?

"Ok, thanks Madison." I thanked her.

"Don't worry. If he does end up sending the video, I'll back you up." She smiled.

"We will, too. We told the guys about this already. We're planning to meet up at Jack's house later." Kelly said.

"Thank you guys so much." I thanked them and hugged them. Hopefully, this works.