Chapter 22

Melody's POV

"Derek, quit it

"Derek, quit it." I whined when he squeezed my ass once again just because I was on his lap. I hit him.

"Woah, chill out. I'm juss playing." He groaned, holding his arm. Why am I hanging out with Derek? Because he helped me realize that Jack was a liar and a cheater. Jack cheated on me with Madison. Now I'm friends with Derek.

It feels weird. Just a few weeks ago, I gave him my virginity. I never expected that to happen, but it did and I won't say I regret it. I really don't. But I do wish I had given it to Jack.

I was at the lunch table that Derek and his friends usually eat lunch at, just hanging out. They were John, Dillon, Jc, and Kian. They were really chill and funny guys.

"Yo Melanie." Kian called me and I rolled my eyes.

"I told you to stop calling me that. That isn't my name. It's Melody or Mel." I told him and he rolled his eyes, too.

"Whatever." He muttered.

"You're an asshole." I insulted him and he smirked at me.

"What did you honestly see in Gilinsky? You could've done so much better than him." Dillon asked. I shrugged.

"I just thought the rumors about him weren't true. That he was a good guy." I answered monotonously and with a shrug. I thought that he was the one. I fucking loved him.

I wanted to give him my virginity so bad. And then he just fucks Madison behind my back like what we had didn't exist. Maybe he did it because he was tired of waiting for me.

Derek tapped my shoulder. I turned around and he kissed me, unexpectedly. I didn't kiss him back, and pushed him away.

I looked up and Jack was staring right at us. Then he packed up his things and left. Oh god. I stood up.

"What the fuck, Derek?! Are you serious?!" I growled at him.

"What?" He groaned. I left the cafeteria immediately.

"Jack!" I called after him, but as soon as I went out into the hallway, he was gone. I sighed and went back into the cafeteria. I grabbed my things.

"Are you really gonna go after him?" Derek questioned me.

"Shut up, Derek!" I growled.

"He's not worth it Melody. Who cares if he gets mad when we kiss?" He questioned and I realized the real reason he was being nice to me.

"Are you with me because you actually like me, or are you with me just to spite Jack?!" I asked him and he was silent. I felt tears prick my eyes. And I gave this fucking asshole my virginity.

"Mel..."

"I can't believe I actually trusted you. Fuck you, Derek. You're a piece of shit." I growled before leaving again.
——

I looked for Jack all over the building, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I decided to go to the main office and sign out of school.

I ran out of the building shortly after. I finally let the tears fall. I looked around and saw Jack walking over to his car. I quickly sprinted towards him.

"Jack, wait!" I called after him. He turned around and looked back at me and just glared at me. I caught up to him shortly.

"It's not what you think, ok! Please believe me, Jack. I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Why should I believe you, MJ? Huh? Because you didn't believe me when I told you that I didn't fucking cheat on you! That I was with you the whole time. You didn't even let me explain or defend myself!" He snapped at me, making me look down.

"Jack please. I'm sorry. I—."

"Why don't you go back to Derek? Huh? Go fuck him because obviously you enjoy it. That's why you gave him your fucking virginity." He growled.

How does he know about that? I haven't told anyone. Unless...

Uggggh. That asshole.

"It wasn't like that." I tried to defend myself, but he shook his head.

"Then what was it like? You accidentally sat on his dick?" I growled.

"Don't talk to me like that." I pleaded.

"Why not? It was ok for you to say that I'm a fucking disgusting piece of shit, right? A liar? Remember all that?" He continued. Why's he being so mean to me?

"Jack—."

"No Melody! Don't fucking say my name!" He growled at me.

"Maybe none of this would've happened if you hadn't cheated on me, Jack!" I got up in his face.

"For fuck's sake, I didn't fucking cheat on you, ok!?! I would never do that to you. Why? Because I fucking care about you. I loved you, Melody. So much that I was willing to wait for you so that you'd give me your virginity! But I guess Derek deserved it. You wanted to give it to him to get back at me for something I didn't fucking do!" He yelled at me and pushed me, making me fall onto the ground.

His eyes widened when he realized what he just did. Then, he got into his car and drove off, leaving me in the parking lot by myself. I got up and started crying even harder.

I fucked up so bad. Maybe he didn't cheat on me. Maybe he was telling the truth and I overreacted.

I believed Derek and not my own boyfriend. I should've known Derek planned this. god, I had sex with him. I gave him my virginity. How could I have been so stupid? So blind?

I called my mom.

"Hey, Melody. Is everything ok?" She cheered.

"Mom, please come get me. I feel like complete shit right now and I can't be in school anymore." I sobbed.

"Ok, I'm on my way, Melody. Wait for me." She told me and I hung up. I fucking miss Jack. I want him back. I still love him. He's my everything.

About a few minutes later, I saw my mom's car. I walked towards it and opened the door, sitting inside.

"What happened, baby?" She asked as she drove away from the school.

"I miss Jack, mom. I want him back." I sobbed. My mom sighed.

"Mel. What you need is a break from boys. They're messing with your head. I don't want you to be focused on having a boyfriend. I want you to focus on school. I want you to get better grades. You're almost failing in all of your subjects. You need to bring them up in order to graduate." She lectured.

"You don't get it. You don't get how I feel right now. You're my mom. You should be comforting me, not lecturing me." I cried. She didn't even help me or comfort me. All she did was lecture me about school as if I gave a fuck.
———

As soon as we got home, I leaped out of the car and unlocked the house door, running upstairs and into my room.

"Melody!" My mom shouted. I ignored her and slammed my bedroom door shut, locking it. I flopped down onto my bed and cried myself to sleep.