Chapter 8

3 months later...

Melody's POV

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I exited my English class with JJ beside me. We were talking and laughing about silly and random things.

"How are things with you and your boyfriend?" JJ asked, mocking me.

"He's not my boyfriend." I growled.

I wish he was though. It didn't take me long to develop a crush on him. I mean, what girl wouldn't. I can't stop thinking about him. Whenever we're alone together, I just wanna kiss him.

That kiss we had a few months ago was amazing. I just wish the sparks I felt would happen again and again. I'm crushing on Gilinsky. Hard.

"Do you like him?" JJ asked me. Yes. Of course I do.

I always get butterflies when I'm around him. He's not like any guy I've met. If any guy tries to hit on me, he's there to defend me. Anytime I'm upset, he's there to cheer me up.

His smile is so contagious and his laugh is so cute. His deep brown eyes, and sharp jawline are like ugh. Whenever he touches me, I feel sparks like the Fourth of July.

"I do." I told him.

"I knew it, Mel. You always look at him with this light in your eyes." JJ chuckled.

"Please don't tell him though, ok?" I pleaded.

"Don't worry, I gotchu." He said and side hugged me. "I have to go, I'll see you soon." He told me. I nodded and waved as he walked away.

I opened my locker and put my textbooks inside. I pulled out my bag and closed my locker again. I was about to walk out of the building until the she devil approached me.

Her heels clicked against the floors of the hallway. She was wearing clothes that were way too revealing to be wearing in school, but who even follows rules anymore.

She hates my guts because she thinks I'm trying to take Jack from her. I'm really not, though, but I could have him anytime I want. Madison finally approached me and got so close to my face that I had to back up because that breath was nasty.

"Listen here, bitch." She hissed at me. "Stay away from, Jack. He's my man. If you don't, I will ruin you. I will make your life here so miserable, you'd wish you were dead." She hissed. I was trying so hard not to breathe. Her breath smelled really bad.

"First of all, I can't really take you seriously if your breath smells like ass. Second, Jack's not your man. He doesn't want you. You're just a clingy ex who can't get over him and move on." I pinched my nose. She gasped and I just walked away.

I went out towards Jack's car. He was leaning against it, talking to Nate, Sammy, Cam, and Kelly. I approached them.

"Hey guys." I greeted.