Chapter 28

A few days later...

Melody's POV

"Oh my god, Dina!! Really??" I squealed in happiness

"Yesss! We're going to the same fucking college!!!" She squealed, too. I can't believe it. Dina and I are gonna see each other again. Very soon.

"Hey, D. I gotta tell you something." I said and she nodded.

"Shoot."

"I've been feeling kinda sick the last few, I don't know, days? Weeks? I would wake up and have to rush to the bathroom to vomit and I've become a real bitch to everyone. I don't know what's wrong with me. I thought it was because I was on my period, but I'm like almost 3 weeks late with that. I don't know what to do?" I explained and Dina rolled her eyes.

"What?" I questioned.

"Mel, babes. I love you, but sometimes you're a fucking dumbass." Dina told me and I gasped.

"Dina, I'm serious." I laughed.

"So am I, Melody. Think about everything you just told me." She said and I did. I was still confused.

"Dina, what the fuck am I doing?" I questioned her.

"When's the last time you and Jack had sex?" She questioned me and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Umm, I think prom night." I answered.

"And did he use a condom or did you take a pill the morning after?" She asked me again and I shook my head.

"Dina, what are you getting at here? I don't have time for this shit. I'll hang up on you." I groaned in frustration and she rolled her eyes.

"Do you have any pregnancy tests in your house?" She asked me and my eyes widened. That's when it all came together and hit me.

"Dina, you don't think I'm pregnant, do you?"

"You most likely are, Melly. You said that your period was three weeks late. There's only one explanation for that." She said and I shook my head.

"Dina, no. I can't. This can't happen. I can't be. How will I tell my mom? How would Jack react? I can't be a mother. Not yet." I started to cry. Hard.

What is wrong with me? Why wasn't I more careful?

"Oh Melly, it's ok." Dina tried to comfort me. It's frustrating that she can't hug me because we're talking through FaceTime.

"No, D. It's not. Everyone's gonna think I'm a slut. What if Jack leaves me? I don't know what I'll do. He's everything I could ever ask for in a guy. Did I tell you that we had an argument a few days ago and he bought me flowers so that I'd forgive him even though I was being a bitch. No other guy has done that for me. He's amazing and I don't wanna lose him because of this fucking baby inside of me." I sobbed and Dina sighed.