Ch.38

Time skip 8 years after wedding
Colby POV

It's been eight years with the man I love and I couldn't be happier.

We've continued making videos together and our channel is booming.

"Daddy come here!" I hear a little voice shout.

I turn around from the couch and see my handsome husband with our daughter Olivia.

We adopted Olivia when she was 5 months old and it was the best decision we had ever made.

Sam picked her up and spin her around before setting her on the ground with a big smile.

"What's up Liv?" He asked back.

"Noah won't let me play with him and his friends." She said with a pouty face.

Noah just turned eight today and we were having his birthday party. We let him have his friends over and we also invited a few of our friends too.

Kat was Noah's surrogate mom and they had the best relationship. It was still Aunt Kat to him hug without her, he couldn't have been here and were grateful to her everyday.

"It's Noah's birthday sweety but you can hang with your daddies can't you?" I asked her squatting down to her level.

"I guess so." She said putting on a big smile and wrapping her arms around me.

"Where's Aunt Kat at?" She asked letting go of me.

"She's over by the kitchen." Sam pointed. She ran there immediately wanting to see her favorite aunt.

I walked over to Sam and put my arm around his shoulder. I kissed his cheek and said, "This life can't get any better."

Sam turned and kissed me on my lips saying, "Of course it can, as long as I'm with you."

"Dad!" I heard Noah shout.

Sam and I both asked, "What?" at the same time. We smiled at each other before turning back to Noah.

"Aunt Devyn and Uncle Corey are here!" He said.

Both of our eyes went wide and we immediately ran to the front door. We hadn't seen them in months.

We opened the door to find Devyn with her hand on her stomach. What the heck?

Corey was walking behind her and shouted, "Call a house meeting! We have a big announcement!"

Sam and I gathered everyone in the living room not including the kids. Whatever news was going to be told, I didn't want the kids there because some cuss words might fly.

Everyone sat down and Corey and Devyn got in front and stood still staring at everyone.

Finally Corey spoke up, "Soooo how's everyone been?" He was fiddling with his hands and you could tell he was nervous.

"What's the big news?" Aaron asked.

Devyn looked at Corey before saying, "Well... guys... I'm pregnant.."

All of our jaws dropped to the ground before we all stood up and ran to them to give them a big group hug.

We had been waiting for this news forever. This day is amazing! I can't wait to be an uncle again and feel like Elton for once.

Everyone had found love. Sam and I have been married for 8 years now and had two kids. Jake and Tara are engaged, Corey and Devyn are married, and Aaron proposed to his girlfriend not too long ago.

Kat had even found a new boyfriend. His name was Josh and they were the cutest. They had been together for 5 years before they got married last year.

I stood back with a smile on my face glad to see everyone happy and back together.

I felt a hand on my back and turned around to see Elton with his two sons and wife.

"Hi Uncle Colby!" His youngest son said wrapping a hug around my leg.

"Hey, John! How have you been?" I asked, picking up the 3 year old.

"I've been good. Alex has been acting like a meanie lately though." He said. I looked at the 7 year old who crossed his arms.

"I told you! I'm just being like Uncle Colby and Uncle Sam!" He fought back, showing his XPLR merch shirt.

"Hey, What did I tell you two?" I said, raising my voice slightly.

"To not fight when there's cake around." Alex started.

"Because you can never be angry with cake and ice cream." John finished. I smiled when they did and put John on top of my shoulders and walked to the kitchen.

Aaron sat at the table with his arm around his fiancée, Emily. Jake was doing the same with Tara, running his fingers through his now purple hair. The purple hair was by far the favorite through out the house, so over the years we somehow convinced him to turn it back to purple.

Corey sat next to Devyn, and rested a hand on top of her stomach as she rubbed it with a huge smile on both of their faces.

Elton sat next to his wife, Jacqueline, and held her hand, talking to her with a smile. Kat was sitting in a chair, feeding her 7 month old baby girl some solid food as Josh watched with a smile.

Noah came running in with his friends close behind and welcomed Alex and John once I sat John down on the ground. Olivia stood behind me with a worried, nervous expression, rocking back and forth a bit.

I bent down and leaned into her ear a bit.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" I asked.

"I just know that they won't let me play with them... I hate being the only girl here!" She said angrily.

"Hey, it's going to be ok. Why don't you just ask once more?" I suggest.

"Mmm but dad! Why can't I just stay in here with the adults?" She asked.

"Olivia, you're 4 years old. I think you can ask them to hang out. Take chances." I said, with a small smile. She turned back and groaned even loader.

"Dad! Stop quoting your and dad's merch, please!" She said, making me laugh. "Just for one day, at least!"

"If you're too scared to ask, do you want to want to go out to the pool?" I suggested, making her lighten up immediately and nod her happily. I chuckled and picked her up. "Ok, let's change."

————————-

After about an hour of pool time, Sam called everyone out of it and Aaron brought out the cake. He sat it down on the table outside.

For the past hour, the adults were outside drinking and talking about their lives recently, caught up while watching the kids swim.

The adults stood next to their partners and smiled widely. The kids pushed through us and found their ways to the table to watch. Bailey, Kay's daughter, started cooing at the sight of the candles once Corey started lighting them, making us all awe.

I put an arm around Sam and smiled at him. As I looked around and saw everyone smiling with their partners, I couldn't help but widen my smile. I've never been happier.

     I never expected to be standing here: with an amazing husband and friends and family, celebrating my son's birthday.

     Who would've thought that two band kids from Kansas would have this amazing life?

     The only reason I am here today is because it always have been, and always will be Sam and Colby vs the World, and nothing, not even God himself, could change that.

A/N- Das it, das the end! We really appreciate everyone who read, commented and voted for this book. This was the first book of ours, and we truly had so much fun writing it, and we hope you guys enjoyed reading it. More books coming soon! -Carissa and Kaitlyn