Ch.6

—-time skip to senior year—-

Sam's POV

I can't believe how far Colby and I have come since eighth grade. Our Vine account is booming like crazy, our confidence is through the roof, and we've made it to the last year of high school.

What more could a person want?

'I want Colby' is what I thought. Wait- what's with this crap again??

Off and on throughout high school I've had thoughts like that and feelings that are unknown to me. Every time I see Colby I get butterflies and it's hard not to smile seeing his dimple filled smile all the time.

It's kind of been hard these last few months. Colby has been hanging out with some chick from another school.

I don't get to see him as much anymore and it's starting to get to me. The only time I really ever see him is when we meet up to make Vines so that we upload on our regular schedule.

It's hard going home to no significant other. All he ever talks about is this girl, that I STILL don't know the name of.

"Oh it's nothing serious," he says. 'My ass' is what I always think when he says that. If she wasn't really important to him, he wouldn't be ditching his best friend all the time.

I love him with all my heart. I mean, why wouldn't I? He's my best friend.

I can't blame him though. If I found a girl I would be doing the exact same thing he's doing. I shouldn't be this petty about this kind of situation.

While I'm deep in thought all of a sudden Colby bursts through my house door.

"Yo what the hell are you doing?" I ask him immediately standing up from the couch.

"S-Sam.." He trails off and sounds like he's almost panting.

I walk up to him and put my hands on his shoulders. "Dude what's wrong.."
At this point I'm starting to worry because he just doesn't seem like himself.

Colby moves past me and sits down on the couch where I was just sitting. He puts his head in his hands and just sits there.

"Sam...."

My confusion is through the roof at this point. He looks disheveled and out of place. "Spit it out Colby," I say.

"I-I'm sorry for leaving you like that.." he looks up from where he was resting his head.

I go over to him and hug him. "Hey it's okay... What happened Colby?"

He looks up tears in his eyes.

Colby POV
(Flashback)

"Hey Samantha! How's it been?" I walked up to the girl I had been talking to for a while.

Samantha kind of looked at me weirdly and I could tell something was off.

"Colby..." she trailed off.

This wasn't gonna be good. "Hey what's wrong..." I said worriedly.

"I-I don't know how to put this without  sounding harsh..." she paused and then continued saying, "...but I don't feel like we are right for each other. I found a new guy and..." she trailed off leaving me stunned.

I couldn't move. I felt like I was paralyzed. Every bone in my body was telling me to leave but I just couldn't.

I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend today. Today was the day I was going to ask a very important question and she basically told me she had been cheating on me this whole time. Yes I realize we were "talking," but it was almost as if we were really together.

To think of all the memories we had shared in the last couple of months we had been getting to know one another.

I had practically left Sam in the dust and now I see how bad that has affected our friendship. I can't lose my best friend and almost girlfriend in one day.

With tears in my eyes I look at her one last time and walk away.

"Colby!" She called after me grabbing my shoulder. "Leave me alone," I said shrugging her hand off my shoulder.

I turned around and said, "And don't ever talk to me again."

I got in my car and left heading straight to Sam's house.

Sam's POV (Back in real time)

He told me everything, starting with when he first met Samantha, and ending with what had just happened.

I sat on the couch looking at him in disbelief. I couldn't believe he had kept just how serious they actually were from me. We tell each other everything.

"I'm so sorry Sam.." he said trying to hold back tears.

To lighten up the mood I said, "Just remember next time, bros before hoes."

He smiled and gave me a hug. We sat there for what seemed like an eternity just hugging and enjoying each other's presence.

Finally after a while we pulled apart, much to my disappointment.

"So wanna play some video games?" Colby asked. "Of course!" I responded with.

The night went on and we enjoyed some pizza, played Call of Duty, and watched some Netflix.

While in the middle of a movie Colby was still in a sad mood but I could tell he was slowly getting better.

We were both getting tired at this point but we didn't want to leave where we were cause we were lazy bums.

Some how or another I woke up with his head on my shoulder. I was stunned at first but knew I couldn't move otherwise I would wake him up.

I decided to just go back to sleep.

In the morning
Colby POV

I knew I wasn't in my bed. I could feel someone under me.

I slowly opened my eyes and peered behind me to see me on top of Sam. He was fast asleep, unaware that I had woken up in a frenzy.

I was freaking out because I had suddenly gotten this weird feeling in my stomach. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach but I had no reason why.

I didn't like Sam in that way did I?

Sorry for the delayed update. We had some finals to study for. If you liked this chapter please vote on it and share it with your friends! There is more to come! ~Carissa