Ch.34

Sam POV

It had been a week since we took our break and Colby still wasn't talking to me. I wasn't talking to him either.

All week I had been bundled up on the couch with tons of pillows and blankets, watching sappy stuff on TV and probably gaining 20 pounds.

I hadn't talked to anyone or gone outside of my apartment.

I was slowly going back into the hole I dug freshman year before I met Colby.

I was in a severe state of depression. I wouldn't eat or sleep. Bullies were getting to me.

They called me names and started thinking I was gay.

I didn't know at that age what I know now. I shouldn't have let the bullies get to me and Colby helped me realize it.

We were both bullied in high school for hanging out with each other but we never cared.

We always stuck together and kept each other company no matter what and our way.

I wish that was true now.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door.

I didn't answer but the person came in. I didn't away from the TV, not caring who ever was standing there.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him.

He was standing there fondling with his thumbs before he came and sat on the other side of my couch.

He sat there for a few minutes before saying anything. It's not like I was going to start the conversation.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say softly.

I looked at him with dark hooded eyes. His eyes were watery and he looked to be on the verge of tears.

What could he possibly be sad about?

"About what?" I asked, my voice coming out raspy.

"For forcing you to believe something you clearly don't and for yelling at you. It was an asshole move. I'm sorry." He said to me looking at the ground.

I looked over and softened for a bit. It wasn't long afterwords he stood up and was walking towards my door before I said, "It's my fault. I shouldn't have snapped at you."

He froze with his hand on the doorknob. After what looked like minutes of contemplation, he left.

I sat on my couch more and cried. It was my fault I was losing him.

A little later he walked in carrying the photo album he had shown me about a week ago.

He handed it to me and said softly, "If you ever change your mind," before walking out for good.

I looked at the album before me for a long time. Would I regret what I saw? Would I remember lost memories if I opened it?

Ultimately, I decided to lay it aside. I don't think I'm ready to open it yet.

——time skip— 4 hours later——

A couple of hours had passed since Colby gave me the photo album. I couldn't resist not looking at it anymore.

I grabbed the album laying beside me that I had previously laid there. I hadn't gotten up from my position at all.

I opened the book to reveal pictures of my friends and I in the Trap House. So many good memories were coming back just from these pictures.

A couple pages later I stumbled upon the one page that was consuming me.

The page of Colby and I's relationship. When did this happen and why can't I remember any of it?