Ch 31

Colby POV

     The next morning, I woke up and realized it was Christmas. I threw my blankets off me and made my way downstairs, happily. I found everyone in the living room and in the kitchen, except for Sam.

Elton was cooking pancakes like the uncle he is, Corey and Aaron were playing video games, Devyn sat by Corey and did her makeup, Katrina was looking at her phone, and Jake was watching them play the video game.

I remembered last night: going shopping for Christmas, Brennen coming up to us as a changed man, coming home to see Sam gone and him not coming back for awhile, and passing out right when I finished wrapping. It all came back to me.

"Merry Christmas, Colby!" I heard, which took me away from my thoughts. I looked up and saw everyone smiling and waving. I smile and nod back.

"Yo, have you seen the tree? It's completely full on the bottom, and even flooding around the room a bit!" Jake said excitedly. I look at the corner of the living room and saw how many presents there were.

"That's amazing." I said, rubbing my face tiredly. Then, I realized my gift for Sam. "Hey, is Sam still asleep?"

"No, he woke up about 30 minutes ago. He said he was going to the store for something. Don't know what, but he is." Jake said, not breaking eye contact with the game he was watching. I widened my eyes.

"And you just let him leave?!" I yelled.

"Well.... yeah?" He said turning to me.

"Jake! He doesn't have all of his memory back yet! He could be just roaming around! He could be lost! He could be-" I started before Katrina interrupted me.

"Colby, it's fine. It's been almost a month now. His memory is better than it has been so far. He's fine." She said. She put down her phone and looked up at me, giving me the "mom glare".

"But still! He still doesn't remember everything!" I said.

"Colby, Kat's right. He shouldn't be trapped in the house forever until he gets his memory. He should be able to explore the city. It may help him jog his memory." Elton said from his spot on the stove.

"But-" I started when he kept talking.

"I understand that you care about him, Colby. We all do, and we don't want to see him get hurt. But don't you think it's time to start letting him control his life again?" He said as he turned off the stove and put the pancakes on a plate.

All I could do was nod. "Yeah... you're right. I shouldn't be this protective over him... he is 21 now."

"Lets just eat, and we'll wait for him to get back to open presents." Elton said.

Everyone nodded and stopped what they were doing to go get food. I told them I'll be right back and ran upstairs to finish the photo album.

Sam POV

I told the roommates that I was leaving the go to the store, but what I didn't tell them was that I was actually going to try and buy them something. I feel bad that they're wasting their time trying to help me, so I decided to wake up early to give them something in return.

I didn't have that much money, so I went to the nearest Target and looked around for anything that they might like for a small price.

As I walked around, I realize that Corey was a dancer and he danced a lot around the house. I could get him some speakers from the clearance so he can play his music loud and dance.