Ch.28

Colby POV ( 2 weeks later)

It had been two weeks since the accident. Sam still hadn't regained his memory.

Luckily, Brennen was in jail where he belonged. He wasn't getting out for a while, not on my watch.

I was sitting on the couch editing a video when Sam came down the stairs happy as ever.

Losing his memory was probably one of the best things that had ever happened to him. I've never seen him so happy.

He could start fresh.

I wish I could do that. I wish I could forget the love of my life beaten up right in front of me and him not remembering who I was at all.

It had been killing me these last two weeks not to hug him or kiss him.

All I wanted to do was feel his touch again. I wanted to tell him how much I loved him.

But I couldn't.

He and from the kitchen and sat next to me on the couch, to my surprise.

"Hey Colby what ya doing?" He asked in his cute, sing-song voice.

I had been trying to help him regain his memory the last few days and we had gotten on a first name basis.

He had been telling some of the other roommates some of his memory had been returning. I asked him if he remembered anything about me but he always drew a blank.

Why was I the only one he couldn't remember?

Sam POV

My parents came to visit me the day after I got home from the hospital.

I met my supposed brother and sister, along with my dog.

They stayed with me for a while and tried to help me regain my memory which worked to an extent.

I was able to remember parts of my childhood and who Ben and Allison were.

The kept on telling me that the Colby kid was my best friend since I was a freshman in high school. I didn't believe it one bit.

If he was, why couldn't I remember him from all the pictures they showed me?

My parents gave me photo albums of everyone in the house before they left. Some photos helped, some didn't.

I remembered partially that Jake was one of best friends I met in Kansas along with Colby apparently. Katrina was my girlfriend. Corey, Aaron, Elton, and Devyn were my close friends that I also lived with and they helped me with everything and anything.

I remembered some of the TFIL trips and some memories with everyone except Colby.

I feel like he was really important to me, I just didn't know how.

I walked downstairs after getting tired of looking at all the photos of Colby, trying to spark some sort of memory.

I went into the kitchen and got some food. After I got everything I wanted I went to the living room to find Colby sitting on the couch editing.

I sat next to him and asked him, "Hey Colby what ya doing?"

He froze for a while and didn't respond. I waved my hand in front of his face and even snapped my fingers.

Finally he snapped out of whatever trance he was in and said, " Oh hey Sam," with a distant look on his face.

"What's wrong man?" I asked trying to be friendly.