Ch.12

Colby POV

After proposing to Sam that we should tell our fans we were dating, we went straight to our manager.

Sam and I were both nervous because this was the guy that decided what we could and couldn't post so that we wouldn't get much backlash if it was bad.

We walked up to our manager. I said, "I know this is going to sound weird but Sam and I have a video idea."

"Okay what is it?" He responded with.

"Sam and I were wondering if....."

"Spit it out already!" He said getting angry.

"Can we do a video about us dating?" I said pretty fast and looked down at the ground.

"Wait are you guys for real?" He said, stunned.

We both shook our heads and intertwined our hands together.

"You know I'll support you guys no matter what, but.." he trailed off.

"But what?" Sam and I said in unison.

"But I don't think it's a great idea to come out as gay. There's going to be a ton of hate comments out there and I hate to see it affect you guys."

We stood there unable to say anything. Finally I said, " So basically you want us to keep this a secret? No way in hell!"

"I'm sorry Colby but.. it's the only way I see that won't get you guys seriously hurt."

"We're gonna be hurt either way! We can't go out in public holding hands because then everyone will start asking questions. We have to act like we don't love each other as more than best friends in public and it hurts!" Sam said eyes tearing up.

"I'm sorry guys but it's a no.." our asshole of a manager told us.

"Yeah whatever," I said and walked away grabbing a hold of Sam's hand in the process.

We got back to our apartment and immediately Sam broke down.

"Why the hell does he get to decide what we can and can't do when it comes to our sexuality? I get it that he's our manager and looks out for our best interests, but this shouldn't be his decision to make!" Sam said tears trailing down his face.

I walked over to him and hugged him tight. "I know Sam I know.." I kissed the top of his head in hopes of calming him down.

"This fucking sucks.." Sam trailed off.
————————————————————
The next couple of days were pure hell.

Our manager told us he had an idea. He said he'd hook Sam up with a girl named Katrina Stewart. I hated the sound of that.

We both asked why but the only reason he really gave us was that is we ever did slip up on camera, Sam could always argue he had a girlfriend and was straight.

For some reason Sam was fine with that idea. I just couldn't stand the thought of him being intimate with anyone else.

We started fighting nonstop.

"Why did you have to say yes?" I would always scream at him.

"Colby I love you! The only way we'll ever get to show affection to each other on camera without it being seen as weird, is if I have a girlfriend."

"I can't stand the thought of you being with someone else Sam!"

"You're going to have to get used to it Colby."

"I'm sorry but if you don't tell our manager that you changed your mind and you don't want a fake girlfriend anymore, we're over."

Sam stood there still unable to say or do anything. It pained me to give him an ultimatum but it had to be done.