Ch 19

Sam POV

I lay on my bed in my dark room, just staring up at the ceiling thinking about this day. I've never been more heartbroken in my life. It's the worst birthday ever: having your boyfriend break up with you in front of all of you're friends.

I continued to think about this day until I heard a knock at the door, which made me slowly turn my head towards the door.

At first, I didn't say anything. But after a few moments of faint whispers, another knock came. I sigh before saying "Come in".

The door cracks open and then slowly opens, revealing my roommates except for Colby.

"Hey Sam. Are you feeling any better?" Aaron asked, holding Buddy.

"Not really." I face the ceiling once more and close my eyes. I hear footsteps coming closer to me. I open my eyes and turn around, my back facing them.

"We're all really sorry for what happened." Devyn quietly said.

"Yeah. We tried talking some sense into Colby but he wouldn't listen." Corey said.

Just hearing that name made me quietly start crying again.

"Well, the party just started. Maybe that will help you." Elton said. "Do you want to go down?"

It took me awhile before I nodded my head. They helped me out of bed and wiped my tears. Devyn and Kat helped me pick out an outfit.

They settled for a pink short sleeve sweatshirt with a few rips on the side and black jeans. After fixing me, both physically and emotionally, all of us made our way downstairs.

The house was already packed. Music was blasting loudly. So loud that they had to scream to talk.

"Do you want us to stay with you?" Corey asked. I shook my head no.

"Nah, I'm fine." I say. It took them awhile before nodding.

"Ok. You know where to find us if you need us." He added before they all left in separate ways. I stayed in my spot for awhile before leaving it.

I walk around, giving a small fake smile to those who waved or said "happy birthday". I felt a hand touch my shoulder, making me turn around quickly.

I looked into the pair of beautiful, ocean blue eyes that I've known for 7 years. He looked back at me.

"Sam? You ok?" He said. I couldn't say anything, so I nodded even though him being next to me made me uncomfortable.

He opened his mouth to say something, but Brennen came up to us. "Babe, can you go get me some punch?" He said sweetly.

Colby gave him a threatening look before walking away. Brennen faced me.

"Do not go near him, Sam. Ok? Because if I catch you two anywhere near each other, I will give you more than just a few bruises and scrapes." He said threatening me.

"Why the hell should I listen to you, jack ass? I'd rather you hurt me than him." I said, trying to sound brave.

"Aww, how cute. He said the exact same thing." He said. He grabbed my shoulder, gently enough to make sure it looked normal, but strong enough to maybe make another bruise. He leaned in and whispered in my eye. "Do. Not. Tempt. Me, Golbach." He said.

Colby came back up to us, making Brennen let go and place an arm around Colby and walked away. I rubbed my shoulder, as my friends came running up to me.