Ch.8

Colby POV

After finding the perfect place in LA, we put a bid up for it. We sat in anticipation for weeks on end when finally one day we got a call.

"Hello is the Cole Brock?" The man on the other end asked. "Yes it is," I responded.

Sam was right by me waiting to see what this man said.

"I called to inform you that you got the apartment on..." he said the street address and we rejoiced. "Thank you so much sir! Have a nice day!" I said and hung up the phone.

I hugged Sam and yelped in excitement. "WE'RE MOVING TO LA SAM!!" I said while hugging him.

He pulled away and he held my shoulders. He shook them and said, "I can't believe we actually got it!!"

———————————————————
A few months later (Sam and Colby are moved into their apartment)
Colby POV

"Hey Sam you wanna film a house tour?" I shout from the living room.

"Yeah lets do it!" He shouts back.
———————————————————
A couple hours later we finished with editing and filming the video. It was ready to be put up the next day.

All of a sudden I got a call from Sam Pepper. I picked it up and said, "Hey man what's up?"

"Dude I know this is a long shot but would you wanna pull a prank on Sam?" He said.

He explained the whole thing, how we were going to get out of a car and check the oil and Sam was going to be abducted and I'd be pretending to be pulled away.

We'd both be put back into the car and driven away to a place outside where we'd be kept hostage. Sam would be sitting in a chair duct taped to it and I would have a black sack over my head pretending to get shot with a play gun that looks and sounds real.

I reluctantly agreed but knew I was going to screw Sam up pretty bad. I didn't know if I could handle someone I loved getting hurt.
————————————————————
Day of Prank
Sam POV

Colby and I drove around town when all of a sudden he pulled into an alleyway saying he needed to check the oil.

I didn't understand because no light was going off but I got out anyway to help.

While we were messing with the hood and seeing where the oil was I felt a bag go over my head and I heard Colby scream.

My body went into full attack mode as I tried to fight off whoever was holding me and tying me up.

I couldn't let them take away Colby.

All of a sudden I was shoved into a car and taken to a place. It felt like forever before I was thrown out of the car and pushed into a chair.

Someone duct taped my hands and feet to the chair and took off the sack on my head. He pointed the gun to my head and I started crying hysterically hoping this wasn't going to be the last time I would be on this earth.

To my horror I saw Colby on his knees to my left. The guy went over to Colby and pointed the gun at his head this time. He looked at me sadistically.

"Please... please let us go! You got the wrong guys! We're just a couple of kids from Kansas please.." I begged our captor.

He pulled up the sack over Colby's head just enough so I could see his face for a split second.

"We're just kids please!!" I shouted once more trying to get both of us out alive.