Ch 37

3rd Person POV

As Sam and Colby entered their apartment complex, they couldn't help by lock hands and Sam rested his head on Colby's shoulder with a big smile. Colby looked down and smiled at his now fiancé.

They made their way up to their rooms. Colby didn't know which room the party would be in. He didn't even know about the party until about 20 minutes ago when Corey spammed his phone, asking how it went and that they were throwing a party.

He decided to take Sam home. He looked in the apartment and say nothing. "H-Hey, I'll be right back. I have to go get something." He said, as Sam nodded.

Colby leaned in and pressed a small, quick kiss on his lips before heading down the hall to his own room. As he opened the door, he saw an actual mess.

Aaron and Elton was fighting as they tried to hang up a banner, saying "IT WILL BE OK". Katrina was arguing with Jake as she tried to ice the cake and he tried stealing the icing. Corey was yelling at everyone, trying to get them to stop fight. And Devyn was running around, trying to help anyone who needed it.

"You're putting it too low, Elton!" Aaron said.

"YOU'RE putting it too HIGH!" Elton yelled back.

"JAKE! STOP EATING THE ICING! WE NEED THAT!" Kat yelled, pushing him away with her hips.

"This icing is terrible." Jake responded.

"It was my grandma's recipe!" Kat yelled louder.

"GUYS! Stop arguing! They're going to be back soon!" Corey yelled over everyone.

"Colby's back!" Devyn yelled. They spun around, dropping the banner and the icing spatula.

"What the hell is this?" Colby asked.

"It's your party!" Elton said.

"Why does that banner say 'it will be ok'? And why is the cake cut in half, one said saying the same and the other side saying 'congrats'? He asked.

"Because you wouldn't respond to any texts so we didn't know how it went! So who's fault is this, Colbae?" Corey asked.

"Throw the negative stuff away cause he said yes. Goddammit." Colby said. They widened their eyes and screamed.

"WAIT REALLY?!" Devyn screeched. Colby nodded. They screamed again and went in for a hug.

"GUYS! We'll celebrate later. But I need to go get him before he wonders what happened." They all nodded and let him go to get Sam.

For the rest of the night, they all partied and had some cake. The couple explained how they both somehow proposed on the same night.

Devyn and Corey quickly revealed that they've been engaged since April, which made everyone even more happy.

———-a few weeks later————

"Ok, ok. Close your eyes."

"Colby, I can't close my eyes. You put a blindfold over them."

"Still. I don't want you to see through it and see the surprise."

"Yeah because I would be able to see through a black blindfold."

"Well, the sun is pointed down and facing our direction which can give you a bit of light through the blindfold."

"Look at you, Mr. Scientist."