Ch.16

Colby POV

I couldn't believe they were prying into our private lives like that.

If they wanted to know they could have pulled us together and asked. Not saying we would have told the truth though.

After Jake and Corey left my room I went straight to Sam. He would know what to do in this situation.

I walked over to his room and opened the door. He was pacing with rage and wouldn't stop.

"Sam..." I trailed off.

"Colby we need to do something... NOW!" Sam shouts at me.

"Whoa whoa whoa calm down okay? Why can't they know about us?" I asked confused.

"You don't understand Colby, I have a girlfriend and it's going to take a while explaining just why I love you more than I love her."

Hey said he loves me. I thought he had moved on and all but I guess not.

"We need to tell them Sam." I said moving closer to him.

"Colby I'm scared to."

I moved closer and wrapped my arms around his body. "It's okay I'll be right by your side to back you up."

"Ok let's do this." He said pulling away.

We both put our angry faces on and crossed our arms when the door opened up.

We turned to see Elton opening up Sam's door probably on here to question him just like he questioned me.

We stared at Elton and everyone behind him with anger present in our eyes. Sam pointed downstairs and everyone made their descent down there.

We followed behind angrily and nervously afraid of what was about to happen.
————————————————————
Sam POV

I was beyond scared. I was afraid what they would think of us when we told them the whole story.

I gestured towards the couch and said, "Sit." They all sat down and Colby and I prepared ourselves for what was coming next. "Where should we begin?" Colby asked.

"From the beginning," Elton said.

"Ok guys please don't say anything until the end. We want to do our best at explaining this to you." I said nervously playing with my nails.

They all shook their heads yes and Colby began.

"We met in our Freshman year of high school. The only reason we became friends was because we liked the same girl, our drum major. I tried to hook them up because Sam was better for her than I ever could be. It didn't work out though and we both gave up. Our self esteem was at its lowest point so I decided we should do Vine."

I started where he left off with, " That's how our Vine career began. We became closer and eventually we caught feelings for each other before we moved to Cali. It was when we moved that we had admitted we loved each other. We went out on a date to a bakery when we met Elton and Corey."

Elton and Corey shook their heads in agreement.

I continued, "They knew their was something up between us but we never hinted at it until a few weeks ago. We tried to tell our fans and everyone wandering that we were dating but our manager wouldn't let us. He said it was too dangerous and he didn't want us to deal with all the backlash that would come with it."

Colby hopped in saying, "Sam and I were devastated. Our manager had come up with a plan for us though. He said that he had found a girl on the street that would be a perfect cover up for Sam. If we had ever done anything that could indicate there was something between us, Sam could always fall back on Kat saying he was straight. I got upset about it because I hated the idea of him being with another person. I loved him too much. We started getting in fights and I was caught up in my anger that I started to fake date Brennen to make him jealous."