Ch 23

Colby POV

     I grabbed Sam's hips as I sat down of the bed and placed him in my lap, deepening the kiss. He tugged a bit on my hair, making me smirk.

     As soon as I went to pull of his shirt, a loud bang came from somewhere, making us quickly jump apart and off the bed. We looked around.

     "What the hell was that?" Sam asked. I shrugged, running to the door and looked through the hole, seeing nothing. I opened the door and looked down the hall, even around the corner. No one was around.

     I went back in the room and saw Sam looking around suite, checking every room.

     "No one is around." I say. He looked back up in fear.

     "Then what was that?" He asked.

     "I have no idea." I say, joining him and looked around the suite. We couldn't find anything that could have made that noise.

     We were literally in the suite for 5 minutes, stayed in only the bedroom the whole 5 minutes, and a loud bang came from an unknown source.

     We heard another noise come from the bedroom, making us run to it. When we got to the room, nothing was there. But our suitcases were open, and some things were taken out. I look at Sam, who looked just as confused as me.

     "Are you pranking me or something right now?" I ask. He looked at me, shocked that I would say such a thing.

     "No!" That was the only thing he said.

     "Really? Because when we heard that first sound, our bags were still packed and closed. I was the one who went out in the hallway and checked everywhere while you stayed in here." I say, crossing my arms.

     "Oh, so you think I did this?!" He said, offended.

     "Yes! Who else would it be?" I say.

     "I don't know! Maybe it's the people next door, but do you think I can open both of our backs, take things out, and run to another room in just a few seconds? And do you think I can make noises happen in different rooms, Colby?" He asks.

     "Well, maybe! Maybe you just hit your hand on the wall closest to that room!" I say, raising my voice.

     "What about that bang?! I couldn't have made-" he started to yell back, but stopped.

     "What?" I asked, now concerned. He stood off into space before jumping a few seconds later. "What??" I repeat impatiently.

     He walked to the door, opening it and looking both ways down the hall. I watch confused. Soon he closes the door.

     "What, Sam?" I ask once more, taking a few steps towards him.

     "Did you not hear that?" He asked. I shook my head no.

     "What did you hear?" I asked.

     "I heard, like... it almost sounded like a little girl giggling." He said. I gave a 'nice try' look. "I'm serious, Colby! I heard a little girl giggling. I swear to God, I-" he started before jumping back, bumping into me.

     "What?!" I ask, probably more confused than I ever have been.

     "I kid you not... The second I said "I swear to God" there was a breathing sound coming from the other side of the door, and a few taps." He whispered. I walked past him and looked through the hole, still nothing on the other side.