Ch 35

Sam POV

     I woke up, in a hospital bed. I looked around and saw Colby sitting in a chair by the bed, running in hands through his blue hair.

     Suddenly, I remembered everything. And not just last night when Brennen attacked me. I remembered... everything. I remembered dating Colby. Katrina was never my girlfriend. So they were telling the truth about it being a set up.

     I cleared my throat to catch Colby's attention, which worked. He looked up and smiled, standing and walking to the bed.

     "So, um... how are you-" he started, but I cut him off by grabbing his face and pulling him into a kiss.

     After a few seconds, he grabbed my hands and ripped them off his face, running out of the room and not looking back. He ran into the group as he did so.

     I looked at the door in shock and sadness. They looked at me in confusion before turning around and leaving me in a state of sadness.

Colby POV

     I can't believe it... Sam kissed me. He must have the rest of the memory back. But for some reason, it felt so wrong to kiss him.

     I ran out of the building and stopped when I heard people shouting my name. I turned around and saw the group running up to me.

     "What happened, Colby?" Devyn asked. "Why did you run out of there so quickly?"

     "Sam, he-" I started.

     "He needs us right now! He just got attacked again and you ran out of there without a care!" Corey yelled.

     "If you would just-" I tried again.

     "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Elton joined in.

     "HE KISSED ME, ALRIGHT?" I yelled over the yells. They stopped and stared at me in even more confusion.

     "And..? That's not a reason to run out." Kat said.

     "You don't understand. It didn't feel right. It felt... wrong. You know?" I said, shrugging.

     "Why? Literally the only thing you've been talking about for a year now was how you wanted to be kissing him. And the second he misses you, you run out like you just killed someone." Elton said putting his hands on his hips.

     "That's my point! I've been waiting for more than a year, literally wishing every night that I could, and even had dreams about it. I guess it's been so long, that I just don't care anymore." I said.

     "So what you're saying is that you don't care about Sam." Aaron said.

     "No-"

     "Let's cut off his-" Jake started.

     "NO! I never said I don't like Sam. It's just that it felt too weird and uncomfortable. Look, I can't explain it. I'm sorry." I said.

     They looked back and forth, communicating with their eyes before looking back at me.

     "Well it wasn't the best to run out. He's hasn't had all 100% of his memory back until today, and so it probably hurt to see you run out when he finally remembered about the best part of his and your life." Devyn said calmly. They all nodded, including me.

     "I'm sorry. I just panicked. What should I do?" I asked them.

     "Walk your fat ass back into that room and ask your boyfriend on a date, propose to him, get married, have a child, and make me the god father." Jake said. I gave a small laugh.