🌺Chapter Twenty-Nine🌺

(Not really edited for spelling mistakes please excuse them. Quite a long chapter👍)

He was just about to hand the baby over to Can when Can protested "Erol I don't know... well if I..."

"Can she's big enough when there're little it quite daunting, but she big enough. Just hold her...when you become a father you'll wonder why you've waited this long. When you find the right partner of course it's so rewarding" Can's eyes jolted up looking at where Sanem was sitting...she was also looking his way....

Sanem was in the middle of taking a sip of water when she started to cough. Yousef took the glass off her and tapped her on her back. The coughing left Sanem a little teary eyed. Tears were now rolling down her cheeks.

"Sanem are you ok?" Suzan asked bringing her a tissue.

"Yes....yes the drink just went the wrong way..." Thankful that she had had the coughing episode...as the tears she had shed were for her baby who had missed out on a father...a father he may never know. Well she was enough for him as both mother and father.

Sanems coughing episode had distracted Can, but once she was over it he looked at the baby for the first time. His eyes welled up...this is why he was reluctant to see the baby...but not just Erol's baby. He had made it an aim of his to avoid being around children in general.

In the short time he had become attached to the baby...no he did not want to think about her...it bought back too many painful memories.

Metin had informed him of the birth...a few days before he had returned to the company. Polen had moved back to London and married the baby's father.

She had got in touch with Metin asking him to let can know of the birth...she had sent a letter which Can had shredded into a hundred pieces. Knowing he'd do this she had told Metin to let him know verbally also sending a picture. Which Can couldn't take seeing...so had refused to look at. As long as she was healthy that was all that mattered.

Normally he loved being around children...Hell he'd wanted his own children one day...but ever since he'd been cheated, it had left him numb. Erols baby had been the first child he'd held since.

"She's beautiful Erol you're both very lucky." He said handing the baby back.

Sanem had been watching him throughout, she felt...what did she feel? She had no idea, but he seemed distracted like his mind was elsewhere. Wouldn't his own child have been born by now?

Suzan came over...Sanem took the baby in her arms, she couldn't miss the chance.
After a good while of baby talk and cooing and laughing she looked up to see Can looking at her...feeling slightly uneasy she calmed down. At times when she was playing with Ayman she didn't even realise she was being a little loud.

Yousef came putting a hand on her shoulder "Sanem shall we get going?"

Looking at the time "Oh God yes its really late." She handed the Baby back.

"Yes I think we should also make a move Erol." Can looked at Defne. 

"I'll drop you off..." Yousef offered.

"No...no it's ok." Can said, asking Erol to call them a cab.

"If you're sure then...come on Sanem let's get going."

"What's on your mind?" Yousef asked after they had driven a while.

"Nothing really, I was just thinking About he's reaction to holding Rana."

"Yes I noticed that as well....something going on, you think?"

Sighing "Oh well as long as we don't get any attention...I just want to get back to my baby." Sanem said.