🌹Chapter-Ten🌹

"Aunty has Sanem called yet?" Ayhan asked, "My phone's playing up ...I need to talk...." She stopped mid-sentence when she saw Can

"No love...it's still early...Layla just popped out and will be back soon... then she'll call her. She told me to tell you to wait for her she wont be long. I think Layla said something about Sanem going to Yousef's house for a few days...so I don't know if she's back yet "

Can said his good bye's and went to his truck. Once inside his truck he started to process what he'd heard.

"Yousef" that man she met at the restaurant near the office...So she was with him. She had moved on as Mevkibe Hanim has said. Taking out his phone he called Metin.

"Hello Metin."

"Can is everything Ok?"

"Yes....fine I just wanted you to speed up on that divorce. Please just make it quick. I want Sanem Aydin out of my life as soon as possible."

"Can it's not that simple...like I said..."

"Please Metin just do it as soon as possible. I'm going insane...I need this over with...so i can get on with my life"

He cut the call and headed to the cabin.

The week flew by and by Sunday Sanem was back home. It was evening and she was talking to Layla.

"Oh Abla she's so adorable." She had been gushing over Lale to Layla over the last ten minutes.

"Ok...Ok...I get it ...so how are you and, how's my peanut?"

"Oh Abla stop calling her that."

"Why.... I think it's cute...ooo my peanut...what do you want me to call her...bump...bean. Spawn."

"Ok...stop." Sanem said laughing.

"So how is my peanut?...Still no show?"

"I don't know Abla sometimes I think I've got it all wrong there's nothing there...but when I hear her heartbeat..."

"Have you monitored her yet?"

"No I was waiting for you guys to call, Ayhan would kill me if I do it without her and so would you. Her phone has been playing up, I thought she'd be there."

Layla could hear her thumping up the stairs.

"I think I hear her."

Ayhan walked in out of breath, "Sorry Sanemsi...how are you...How's my Spud."

"Oh God here we go again. Ok now stop...these names are going to stick to my baby."

"Sanemsi...say what you like it's my spud ....you haven't monitored yet have you."

"Oh God help me I'm going to confuse myself soon. We'll have to find a common name soon or my child will be known as potato or a nut. A name we can all call her by...no him or her just a name."

"Well my dear sister if you weren't so fussy and found out the gender we could have officially named the baby ...there would be no need for this or that. Your always referring to her as her... "

"Ok stop ...enough...I'm just going to put the phone down for a minute, while I connect the monitor."

Sanem put a bit of the gel on her tummy and used the Doppler she spread the gel around for a bit. "This baby is really shy..."she fiddled  around...

Finally finding the heart beat...the heart beat sounding similar to the sounds of galloping horses.

All were quiet and in owe... although Sanem had heard baby's heartbeat before it was the first time she had used the monitor for the others to hear. They both had tears in their eyes.

Unbeknown to them...Mevkibe and Nihat were standing in the doorway listening to their grandchild's heartbeat for the first time.

Hearing baby's heartbeat bought peace to Sanem...she felt calm and tranquil. After taking advice from the doctor she used the monitor twice in the week. After a few minutes Sanem took off the monitor.

"Ok that's it for now....remember what I said choose a name for my baby...I don't want these odd names.

Mevkibe and Nihat went into the room. "Sanem ...love." Mevikbe said gently. Layla and Ayhan discreetly left the room leaving them to talk.

Taking Sanem totally by surprise. "Muma..."

"We heard...We heard the baby...baby has a strong heartbeat love...I'm sorry." She said with tears in her eyes.

"Sanem were both sorry baby....but you have to understand as parents, we want what's best for our child. you'll realise what we mean when the baby arrives. You have to at least tell us something love we need to understand. About the father..." Her Baba said.

"Baba I'm sorry I'm so sorry for everything... i cant. ...I don't have any words, but it is what it is... I know I've hurt you beyond anything but I cant change anything...im so sorry." Sanem wept.

"Now stop...love " Her parents said together.

"No more tears...we want you here love, because we don't want you to go through this alone. The past few week have been unbearable. I mean we can't see you...we don't know how you are." 

"I'm fine really everything is good...there's absolutely nothing to worry about.  I just need you both...with me, on my side the rest I can take."

"Love we're not happy about this you being away from us in this condition...but we've done enough arguing with you. No more...if you insist then we'll respect your decision. Sanem...love both I and your Baba are here for you we love and support you wholeheartedly...no more questions, for now. But you have to understand there will come a time when questions need to be answered... Ok."

"I love you all so much..." Sanem continued crying.

"Ok love no more crying we know your tired so well leave you to it but take of yourself and our grandchild."

Sanem cried a few minutes more after the call had been cut.

"Hey my angel." She said between tears. "Look what you've done...you've bought your stubborn grandparents around. You're my miracle you can make anything happen...I love you so much."

After getting herself a snack Sanem settled down at her desk. She needed to get back into it...into the work mode. The past week she had not even looked at her note book, her whole week had revolved around Lale. Poor Damla Sanem thought "I think I've spoilt Lale for her."

She was so close to finishing her second book. Her aim was to try and at least finish the third book before the baby came. But every time she put her head down...pen to paper all she could think of was the big void in her life...no matter how complete she felt the void was there pinching at her heart.

(Please don't forget to vote... Even the silent readers...comments and feedback is much appreciated. Many thanks👍👍⚘⚘💖💖.)