🌹Chapter-Three🌹

Polen held out her right hand to Can....eagerly waiting for him to put the ring on. He removed it from the box, Huma was holding.

Hesitating and in thought of Sanem, his mind went back to when they had got married...they had no engagement just a rushed wedding.

Sighing...God...she had looked so beautiful, in the make belief wedding dress...but dam she looked good in anything, it bought a little smile to his face until...

"Can...Can ...love Polen is waiting..." And that was it...bought back to reality.

He slid the ring onto her finger...with applause from the guests.

Deren and CeyCey still in shock when two days ago Huma had made the announcement of the engagement.

Both had tried to talk to Can but he had been avoiding practically everyone. He hadn't even gone into the office for the past week.

Since Sanems departure, Deren had taken over the creative department. She would consult with Can every so often...so he would know the goings on at the office.

Going up to Can...Deren hugged him and half-heartedly congratulated him.

She could see the even though he was smiling and chatting...the smiles never reached his eyes, like it had done when he was with Sanem.

Sanem...her name was banned in the office. First by Huma who had made the announcement before Can had arrived at the office the following Monday after Sanem had left. Then by Can himself when CeyCey had mentioned her in passing...her name was banned from being mentioned.

Polen was walking on cloud nine, leaning into Can, she hadn't let go of his arm since he had put the ring on her finger. It was more like she'd handcuffed herself to him not letting him out of her site.

His mother came up to congratulate them kissing him on both checks.

"Congratulations son."

"Thank you." He said ...the words sounded like they had been forced from him.

All he wanted to do was go somewhere and wallow in his sorrow...with a drink...no that wouldn't do. More like a bottle...what was he thinking...a drink...that's what had bought him into this situation in the first place. "Oh God he'd really dug himself a grave....."

Wishing the night over already Emre approached him with Layla in tow.

"Arbi congratulations." He said hugging Can.

"Congratulations Can bey." Layla said without any feelings.

"Thank you." Can said feeling even more awkward.

At that moment Remida came over to them "Congratulations Can my dear."

"Thank you Aunt Remdia." Remida noticed Layla standing by Emre.

"Hello...Layla dear how are you?"

"I'm fine thank you, how are you?"

"As good as can be...old age catching up. How is Sanem?"

Can looked down at the floor...he couldn't move away. He didn't want to know anything...it was better this way...better to forget the past.

3 months he had avoided even her name being mentioned, he'd banned it being mentioned in the office.

"She's fine Remida Hanim...doing really good."

"Is she coming back to Istanbul any time soon? I'd like to meet up with her if she does."

"Hmm....No I don't think she has any intention of coming back. She's made a new life for herself. She's happy..."

"Layla dear where exactly has she moved to?"

Before Layla could answer...they were interrupted by Huma, she was making some sort of announcement.

"Thank God." Layla thought.

"Emre it's time I was leaving...it's getting late."

"Ok I'll just grab my keys."

Polen came over, linking her arm with Can's again. Layla moved towards the entrance...not wanting to stay there a minute longer.

Everyone had left and Emre had gone to drop Layla at home. There was just Can Polen and Huma at the house.

"We have to arrange the wedding as soon as possible." Huma said. "We left the engagement long enough. People are going to start to talk."

"Let them talk, it's too late for that anyway...and I don't really care what anyone says. Don't pressure me mum...we'll do it when I say."

Huma went to the kitchen; Polen went up to Can trying to touch his face.

"Can...love we have to..."

Taking hold of her hands and removing them from his face. "No Polen don't...this marriage is not real. I've explained it to you in so many ways but ...I don't know. I'm going to the cabin tonight."

Huma came back...just in time to hear the door bang shut.

"Where's Can gone."

"To the cabin...he's still not over her you know."

"Love... why are you worried ...who has his ring on her finger... you or her. Come on get to bed it's been a long evening."

(Please don't forget to vote... Even the silent readers...comments and feedback is much appreciated. Many thanks👍👍⚘⚘💖💖.)