CHAPTER 20

For the next two days, Ash and Emily lived like roommates who weren't on speaking terms; ignoring each other like the other didn't exist. He still refused to eat whatever she made but she didn't care anymore; if he wanted to starve to death, she wasn't going to object. She was still very hurt by his admission. She knew what she was getting into, marrying someone that didn't want her but never expected him to be unfaithful that fast and on their wedding night for that matter. She knew that wasn't the only time either since he would leave the house at noon then wouldn't return until nine to ten at night. She wondered if he had a mistress, to her that would be better than meeting random girls. Knowing how promiscuous he was now, she was scared for her health: what if he had an STD he wasn't aware of? That would mean she had it too. She believed him when he said he didn't but now that she knew how much he had lied to her she had to get tested as soon as possible.

Emily woke up on day three to clattering downstairs; she looked at the clock on her night stand to make sure she hadn't overslept. She hadn't. The chattering continued; it sounded like dishes were been put away. Why would Ash unload the dishwasher?, she wondered getting out of bed. Ash wasn't the type that would be domestic, the boy wouldn't know the difference between a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. . She figured he was bored and didn't know what to do with himself on a weekday, three days in a row now. His father had given him a week off from work to celebrate their honeymoon and even though they couldn't travel out of the state due to Emily's OBGYN appointment, the father still wanted them to at least spend the week together exploring the city or doing something fun.

Emily walked out of her room after her shower to see about Ash's bizarre behavior; this ought to be interesting, she thought to herself. If he was actually doing chores, he would prove her wrong he wasn't just a rich spoilt brat. Her step halted on the stairs when she saw it wasn't Ash in the kitchen but a woman. Emily's heart skipped a beat at the finding. No way Ash brought his conquest home; that would be beyond disrespectful. She continued to walk down the stairs thinking of what to say to the woman in her kitchen; what could she say? Should she confront her for sleeping with her husband or pretend she didn't care? Maybe ask her to leave the house; she had the right to do that, it was her home as well.

The woman must have heard her because she turned around. Emily's step faltered when she turned; she wasn't just a woman but an older woman in her late forties or there about. 'Please tell me Ash didn't sleep with someone that is old enough to be his mother', she prayed silently.

"Hi. Good morning" the woman greeted. "Good morning" Emily returned looking at the other woman skeptically before sitting down on one of the stools at the kitchen bar. Sitting upright Emily looked the woman over; she was in a long brown gown with flower designs and an apron over it.

"Can I get you something to eat?" She asked nicely. Emily's brow went up at the question and the woman's attitude. 'Why isn't she asking me who I am ?' she wondered. She expected something bitchy from her; perhaps Ash already told her he had a wife in the house so she wasn't surprised to see Emily there. Emily looked her over again, intently this time. She didn't look like someone Ash would sleep with; she was way too old for him with wrinkles splattered on her face. Maybe Ash had a fetish for older women that she wasn't aware off; she wouldn't put anything pass him, he was that much of a whore. She remembered Ash mentioning he had someone that cooked for him, she wondered if she was the person. She certainly was dressed and looked like it but didn't want to be judgmental and insult the woman. She knew first hand appearance could be deceiving since no one would look at her and think she was once a maid.

She realized she still hadn't answered the question. "No thanks, I will get it myself" She wasn't comfortable with being served by someone she still didn't know the identity of or what she was doing in her house. She was aware this could be Ash' maid but was doubtful of it since his maid wasn't supposed to return until the end of their honeymoon which would be on Sunday. The maid was asked to take the week off as well so she and Ash could have some privacy to be newlywed which was ironic since that was the complete opposite of what they had been doing so far.