CHAPTER 23

Giggling woke Emily up, pulling her from a deep slumber.  She had gone to sleep feeling contented. Michael had been so loving towards the baby as well as her. She had sat with all three while they discussed girls and works. When it was time for them to go, Ash had gone with them. As sad as it sounded, she was more upset of Michael leaving than Ash.  And from the sound of things he was back and unfortunately for her he wasn’t alone.

She listened for the noise, it sounded like a female voice. She looked at the time 12:30 am. The noise got louder; they must have walked up the stairs. The giggling suddenly turned into moans. Emily immediately shot out of bed at the noise.

Ash would not disrespect her like that. He wouldn't dare bring his conquest home. They were married less than a month, it was way too soon for him to do this. Sure he didn’t respect the marriage but having his lovers’ right in the house they both shared was beyond appalling and not to mention insulting.

 She debated going over there to see for herself but something, or rather a voice stopped her.

"Oh God!" a female voice cried.

There was a bang on the wall. "Oh fuck!!" the voice screamed out again.

 The tears involuntary slid down her face. ‘No, he didn't’ she whispered to the empty room.

She sat by the edge of the bed with tears streaming down her face. She had never felt so hurt until that moment; with each passing day, Ash found a new way to hurt her and each time more painful than the last

 As if it wouldn't get worse the voiced called out "Ooooh, right there" followed by Ash's unmistakable voice

"You like that?" he asked in a husky voice followed by something that sounded like a smack.

 "I'm coming!!" The voice cried out. Then there was the banging on the wall, now accompanied by a primal grunt that Emily knew too well; he had made the same sound with her during their rendezvous.

 Emily crawled back into bed feeling defeated; she never seem to win with him. She knew he was having sex outside since they haven’t been intimate for a long time it would seem but bringing the girls back to the house just hurt to the core.

The hurt was not from the act itself but because of the lack of respect he had for her; this proved Ash did not respect her as well as didn’t give a damn about how she felt.

 The noise continued, the girl moaned, cried, screamed, you name it, she did it all. After what seemed like forever, it finally stopped. There was dead silence then she heard the shower running followed by giggles and moaning

Again? She wondered. How long was this going to last?

She tried to block the noise by using a pillow to cover her ears. It barely worked. She tried going to a happy place to try to block them out but she didn’t have a happy place so she settled for humming to drown the noise.

Luckily for her, it worked and she finally dozed off.

******

She woke up later that morning hungry; nothing new there since her appetite was constantly growing. She quickly brushed her teeth, showered then got dressed. Looking at her closet she realized she needed some new clothes urgently. Her stomach was growing now and all her clothes were really tight.

She walked down stairs into the kitchen, grabbed a bowl then proceeded to make oatmeal. Gladys was off so she had to make breakfast herself which wasn’t a big deal since she had cooked for herself her whole life. She would admit she liked having Gladys around since it made living with Ash bearable.