Chapter 29--Big mistake

Ash came back home tired and in desperate need of a shower. Being an executive was not a child’s play. Despite his dad being the owner, they made him work like every other employees, even twice as much as others. The only saving grace to his hectic work load was the salary; he was now making almost as twice as he was making before he became an executive.

 In addition to the busy day he had at work, the girl he met up with after work had been insatiable. She kept wanting more and more which he obliged the best way he knew how. She was a former fling that he had called to help him relieve some of the stress he had been under.

He walked up the stairs, tugging on his tie then unbuttoning his shirt. His thighs ached with each step he took. His hand at the door knob froze when he heard voices.

"A little to the right". Huh?

 He turned his head towards Emily's room since that was where the voices were coming from. He strained his ears so he could make out what was been said.

“What about now?” a male voice asked.

"Just a little more to the right" Emily returned. Ash found himself frowning. That sounded sexual and why did her voice sound muffled like she was trying not to be heard.

"Ooooh right there". He heard her say, excitement filling her voice. Without thinking twice, he marched to her room.

This bitch better not be f*cking in my house. He was well aware they had no boundaries in their “marriage” but he also knew she wouldn’t dare bring her flings in his house.

He hesitated at the door but when he heard a deep chuckle he barged in. The scene before him made him feel like an utter jerk.
Nothing sexual, at all.

Emily was standing in the middle of the room with some sort of a protective gown on. Looking around he could see why. The room was being painted or rather had just been painted. The bed was pushed away from the wall, so was the dresser. A plastic wrap was laid over the floor to protect it from the paint.

A man decked in painting gear was standing on a small ladder holding a square shaped box looking frame with ribbon at the top. He looked on the wall to find two of the frame already hanging. They were arranged like a step going down.

Oh that's what she meant by 'a little to the right'.

“Hey. I didn’t hear you come upstairs". Her voice brought his gaze back to her. Their eyes met briefly before he looked further down her face. Her muffled voice was from the mask she was wearing and not because she was trying not to be heard.
He felt so stupid.

Surely she wouldn't bring a man to their home; that would be too risky. She knew if she got cut, the marriage would be over and she would be left without a single penny. He knew she was smarter than that.
He looked over the room again. The wall has been painted blue.

Blue.

His eyes fell on her stomach that seemed to be growing larger with each passing day. She must be having a boy, he concluded. She also must have gotten tired of waiting for him to accompany her and finally decided to find out the sex by herself.

 He looked back at her eyes again. She raised her brow and he hardened his eyes before turning back and walking out the room slamming the door behind him. Why he was so pissed was beyond him. Maybe he wanted her to let her guards down and just mess up for once, so he could get rid of her once and for all.  
Once in his room, he undressed then got into the shower after which he crashed on his bed from exhaustion.

*****************

Emily walked into her room with a mask on. There were still paint fumes in the air which wasn't safe for the baby. She collected her night gown and bath supplies then got out of the room as fast as she could. She entered Ash's room to find him already sleeping. He must have been really tired; he didn't even eat diner. The last time she saw him was when he walked out of her room pissed for reason unknown to her