CHAPTER 12- NO DEAL

Emily walked out of the guest room, without Ash, towards the family room. She didn't know what to make of Ash's behavior, he seemed like a totally different person. She had thought he cared for her, even just a little bit. To know he had just been using her the whole time without an iota of feeling was heartbreaking.

The name calling also baffled her. She had given him no reason to think she was messing around. She had never tried to seduce him or even came to him. He was the one that went after her despite all her attempts to deny him. She wasn't even sexually adventurous, just went with his flow. She had never initiated sex throughout the whole five months they were together.

She was mostly on her back during as well. Yea, occasionally they would try other positions but it was always want Ash wanted. He led while she followed.

None of these were qualities of a whore. So what made her a whore like he and his mom believed? She had to be by far the most inexperienced sexual partner he had ever had.

And the baby, why wouldn't he want him or her? That was the shocker of it all. He had blatantly refused the child, just like that without any second thought.

When she heard him suggest payoff to his dad, she had thought she was having some sort of auditory hallucination. And the mention of abortion was a brutal punch in the gut.

She was not aware of his feelings towards her since he was always so evasive with sharing things with her.  They never talked about anything personal, he didn't even know her last name. The only conversation they had was how many orgasms she had, how it was better each time and how tight she remained despite the constant coitus.

 She found Mr. Hurley by himself, without any sign of his wife. 'Thank God' she muttered softly. The last thing she wanted was to face Mrs. Hurley's botox filled face. The insult she had rained on her was enough to last her until next month. She wasn't surprised at Mrs. Hurley's reaction, she knew how the women felt about her. And to have found out her precious son was sleeping with Emily the way she did was like an insult to an injury. 

Mr. Hurley looked up from his cell when she cleared her throat "Mr. Hurley? As..." Mr. Hurley cut her from continuing.

"I have told you to call me James. Stop with the whole Mr. Hurley" This was a back and forth banter with them. He insisted she called him James but Emily still continued to address him formally. She felt as her boss, she needed to give me that respect despite his insistence.

 "Ok Mr....I mean James" She immediately corrected herself. Old habits.  

She took a deep breath before continuing.  

"Ash and I have talked about this and we have decided it's best if we don't get married. We can raise the baby separately" she left out the part about him about him not getting involved. She hoped he bought her B.S.

She wasn't doing this because he told her to, she wanted to get out of all these, take her unborn child and leave the Hurley's alone. Ash didn't want the child, but it would be fine. She would do fine by herself.  

James eyed her curiously, trying to see through her.  "Why don't you guys want to get married?" he continued to look at her intently. Emily's heart started beating faster from the intensity of his gaze. He was like a human lie-detector ready to catch her in whatever lie she tried to conjure. She swallowed looking away from his stares. She was very nervous.

 "We don't even like each other. The child will be better off with us living separately than in a home with hostility" she answered dryly. Well, that was the truth. Marrying Ash would be bad for the baby since he didn't want it. She could just imagine the child pleading for the dad's attention and Ash ignoring him or her. The image gave Emily chills. She refused to have her child grow up to have abandonment issues.