CHAPTER 11

Ash tugged Emily to the nearest room, which happened to be one of the guest rooms. He slammed the door once they got in.

"Son of a bitch". He started pacing and muttering to himself. "Who does he think he is making demands like he owns me?" He continued to pace, running his fingers through his hair.

He suddenly stopped pacing and then turned to the other occupant in the room.

"You." He pointed at Emily, who was rubbing the arm he had dragged her with.

That's going to leave a bruise, she thought to herself.

"You!" He repeated harshly. "All of this is your fault!"

She looked up then took a step back when he stalked towards her until he backed her up against the wall. He grabbed her chin roughly, lifting her head so she could look at him. She swallowed hard when she saw the hostility in his eyes.

"How is this my fault?  I..."

"Oh shut up!" he snapped, cutting her off. "You don't get to do that stupid innocent voice with me. It might work for my dad but not with me. Unlike my dad I know how much of a whore you are." He let her chin go but remained in the position.

Emily could feel the heat radiating from his body and it made her uneasy.

"Can you back up? You are in my personal space"

"F*ck your personal space!" he growled.

Oh, that's it. His anger fueled one in her. She decided she had had enough of him for the day so she shoved his chest. Hard.

He took a step back, blinking several times like he didn't believe that just happened.

Ash's arrogance had become too much to bear. Hear she was pregnant at nineteen and instead of him to be act mature about it, he was acting like a spoilt brat.

"I told you to back up off me. If you want to talk about this like a mature adult, I'm all ears. All of your growling is not going to solve anything and, quite frankly, it's aggravating."

She moved from the wall to the other side, giving a reasonable distance between them.

Ash turned around to face her tugging his short hair. "I am not marrying you"

She nodded. Marriage was not the best thing for them, not when there was animosity between them, especially from Ash. She told him they needed to come with some sort of agreement that would appeal his father.  

He leaned against the wall, folded his arms over his chest and raised one leg up. "Okay, genius. What are you suggesting?"

Emily took him in. She had never seen him in his work clothes before; he was always in a casual wear when he came over. Emily hate to admit it but he looked good in a dark blue suit with a white button up shirt that was unbuttoned at the top. He must have taken his tie off before coming over.

She also noticed his hair was short now. He had cut it. Why? She wondered. It couldn't be because she complained, could it?

She licked her lips, not from lust but because they were dry. The last thing on her mind was jumping his bones. There was a compelling matter at hand and it wasn't sex.

She suggested he forgot about the promotion, that way his dad had nothing to hold against him. She was certain he would get another chance. After all, his dad owned the company so it shouldn't be difficult for him to move up the cooperate ladder.

Ash rolled his eyes at her idea then added that he deserved the promotion since he earned it fair and square.

Emily didn't want to argue with him about some stupid promotion so she moved on to a more important matter.