Chapter 35- So long, farewell

It had been exactly a week since the “deal breaker” and Emily had seen Ash one time, and that was one morning on his way to work. He was leaving for work the same time she was leaving for her early class. No interaction was exchanged; not even an eye contact.  They hadn't talked since her threat to ‘bash’ his face in. They had both avoided each other whichever way possible.

To say she had been busy would be an understatement.  For the past week, she had been getting ready to leave the marriage. She met with the lawyer the day after the incident; due to her relationship with Mr. Hurley, the lawyer had been nice enough to accommodate her on a Saturday. After hearing her story, he gave her some legal advice then proceeded with the paper works.

Once the legal issue was handled, she started looking for accommodation. Mr. Hurley surprised her a great deal by gifting her with a house where she and the baby would be living. It was a three bedroom house in a gated complex. She had been floored when she saw it; it was everything she dreamed of and more than what she needed.

Even though it wasn’t as grand as a mansion, it was equipped with everything she wanted. With a two car garage, a big front and back yards, Emily couldn’t ask for anything else. Aiden now had his own room which she painted blue and decorated as creatively as she wanted.

In addition to that, Mr. Hurley had found her a job working as a secretary for one of his close friend's company. She knew the job was a favor since she didn’t meet a lot of the qualification listed but she had promised the owner that she would be the best hardworking employee he has ever had.

She was very grateful for the job since the pay was much better than what she was making at the charity organization. Her bi-weekly paycheck would be enough for her and baby Aiden to make do.

With just the utilities and other miscellaneous spending she was confident they would be ok.

Mr. Hurley had been so helpful with the whole process of starting anew. He had also helped her get furniture and every other things she needed for the house. He also went further by paying the lawyer fee.

She adorned the man more and more with each passing day. When she thought about the misconception she had about him when she first met him, she felt like writing a lengthy apology letter. It was rather judgmental for her to think he wanted to take advantage of her but with her history she had to be very cautious

She was so glad she accepted his offer and mostly important she was glad he had chosen to remain in Aiden's life.

If Ash had any idea of what was going on, he didn't show it. He probably was dying for this day to come.

Michael was another help. He had helped her move her things and the baby’s gear into her new place. He too had apologized for giving her hopes that Ash would come around. After telling him I told you so, she told him to stop it then hugged him as a gesture of forgiveness.

Emily finally got the paper works from the lawyer on a Saturday morning. Not wanting to live in the same house as Ash any longer, she decided to leave the same day. There was nothing else stopping her.

She walked into the kitchen holding almost four month old Aiden. He was going to be turning four months in three days.

She grabbed his tiny hand when he reached for her earring.

"No" She kissed his hand and he smiled showing his one tiny teeth that was just coming out. He looked like his dad more and more every day. She wasn't ashamed to admit she was hurt he took none of her features. She knew it was still too early and it could still go either way, she just had a feeling he would look exactly like him. Like she needed a constant reminder of Ash.