chapter 41

i woke up to the smell of fresh coffee. i opened my eyes and there was a cup on the coffee table with my name written on the side of it. i smiled and slowly sat up, what a crazy dream last night i thought to myself. i reached for the cup and took a sip of the hot coffee. i checked my phone and replied to my texts from carly and joe telling them that i was alright, and apparently jack did try to see if i was home last night. i shut my phone off and walked into the kitchen to see edwin and zion sitting there talking, but once i walked in they stopped. "thank you for the coffee" i said and took another sip as i leaned up against the counter. "no problem how did you sleep?" edwin asked. "i had two crazy dreams, well one a night mare" i replied and laughed a little to myself. "well i can tell you that, the second one wasn't a dream" zion said. and i nearly spit out my coffee. "what??" i replied not believing that brandon actually was there. "yeah that dude was cuddling you like a puppy" zion laughed and him and edwin did a handshake.

"hey" i said as i walked into brandons room. "oh hey" he replied as he pulled on a jean jacket to finish his fit. "can we talk?" i asked him. "yeah" he replied and we sat on his bed. "first i want to say thank you for last night" i started. "no problem" he replied. "umm so i just wanted to see how you are doing, you seem to be doing well" i said with a slight smile. "yeah yeah i've been doing really great" he said smiling to himself, most definitely about someone, "what about you?" "i miss you brandon, and i thought i was ok until last night and you fucked up my feelings" i blurted out. "i miss you too brooklyn" he replied and rubbed my shoulder. "if you miss me then why aren't we together again?" i asked him. "we just can't be" he replied. "why?" i asked him. "because" he replied simply "you have a boyfriend." oh shit jack i thought to myself. "i'm sorry i shouldn't have even come in here" i said and started to walk out but i tripped on a bra, wait hold up a bra. "are you alright?" brandon asked helping me up. "yeah yeah i'm fine" i replied and kicked the bra off my foot and walked down stars with tears in my eyes.

"yo yo hold up" edwin rushed towards me once he saw me walk down the stairs, "what's wrong chiquita?" he asked pulling me into a hug. "brandon has a girlfriend?" "yeah i'm sorry" edwin replied and rubbed my back. i pulled out of the hug and wore my tears, "were not dating he can date who he wants" i smiled and started towards the door. "thank you guys for everything" i said and walked out of the house.

i ran into my house to see joe in the living room. "what's wrong?" joe asked and i said nothing but run to him and cry into his chest. he lightly hugged me as  he rested his chin on my head.

brandons pov:
my heart broke when brooklyn saw janeys bra on the floor. janey and i had been dating for only about a month, i didn't even really love her. don't get me wrong she's a great person overall but i can't picture myself spending the rest of my life with her.

"man what happened?" edwin asked as he walked upstairs after the front door closed. "this" i said picking up the bra and throwing it into my hamper. edwin partes my shoulder and left my room. the only way i know how to fill this empty feeling is with music. i pulled my head phones over my ears and started on the piano.

"don't be gone too long brooklyn please"