Chapter 20 - Everything is going great

Note : Wow, seems like a few people predicted it, well yeah it's a cliche but eh, just roll with it! But anyways, a little heads up, I'm a predictable person so if you have the 'oh no not this again' moment with my stories, that means you've stuck with me long enough to tolerate it! XD

.

Two years went by with boring school and your everyday normal antics. My siblings have all grown up and is now eligible to be a fully functioning member of society. Bianca's coming of age ceremony is only two months away and everyone in the castle is enthusiastic about it. I know that I should be expecting people to fuss over her even more, but still...

"Bianca, please become my princess."

This was what I heard when I first entered the palace garden. Alone, of course. Without planning to meet anyone of course. So, I'm really annoyed to be stuffed with this annoying picture of two kids flirting with each other. Stop shoving me with dog food, there's no need to show off.

Like I said, it was annoying so I threw a cup of water towards the guy and walked away, so what if his outfit is ruined? A knight shouldn't be so particular about how they dress. Then again, why were they here?

Im hiding in a bush not because I like listening to other people's conversation, not because I want to see what happens afterwards, but because I like hiding in bushes. Yeah, right. I'm 100% here for the drama. Also, I still have a bit of a grudge towards Tony..

"Tony! Are you alright?" (Bianca)

"Yes, it's fine.. I just don't know where the water came from.. it didn't get onto you did it?" (Tony)

"No, not at all! I'm completely fine." (Bianca)

I have a feeling that things are about to get even more icky if I don't stop them now..

"So, why are you hiding behind a bush?"

"Obviously, trying to enjoy..... !!!"

A hand reached to cover ny mouth and stopped me from screaming in shock. How did he get here without making any noise? No why is he hiding behind this bush with me?

"Shocked? Did you miss me that much?" (Cal)

"No! I was only shocked since you look so much like a ghost."

"A handsome ghost?" (Cal)

Ah I can't even with this brat! Ignoring him, I focused on the two who were still showing affection for each other despite the fact that A. They are still kids, B. She has multiple guys to her beck and call, C. TONY IS AN IDIOT.

"Why are you wasting your time watching this?" (Cal)

"What does it matter to you?"

"It matters that my baby sis can't get over one guy. He's really not worth it." (Cal)

"That's not why I.."

"Besides, you have that new kid from the store right? The cute one you treat like a pet." (Cal)

I whipped my head towards him and stared straight into his eyes. What's going on with Cal? Ever since the day I disappeared for awhile, he gets really easily provoked by the smallest things. Is he still angry?

"Just stay quiet for a minute..."

I ignored Cal and focused once more on the two people busy 'arguing'.

"No, I cannot. We are still young and you... You haven't known me for long." (Bianca)

"I know enough for me to fall in love with you," Tony said, cupping Bianca's face and grinning like an idiot.

I couldn't help but add in a 'but if I knew all it'll be enough to hate you' after his first sentence. I really do want to be his friend, at least. Tony is... Nice, after all. I don't know why I feel like this even after all this time. I know I don't like him anymore, but it feels like something is forcing me to have a good opinion of him. It's very unsettling.

Before I had the chance to argue with myself, Cal pulled me into a hug and carried me off with ease.

"CAL!!!! Put me down or so help me, I will.."

When I turned to him ready with my hands balled into fists, I stopped my action because he was smirking. What's this brat smug about now?

Oh, right... I was trying to be quiet so I wouldn't alert the two who were taking. With how loud I scolded him, there would be no way those two didn't hear me.

"Looks like we were discovered, oh no." (Cal)

"If you wiped that smirk off your face, you'd seem more regretful."

"Yes, I know. I just didn't regret making my cute baby sister angry." (Cal)

"Can't you behave properly in front of others for once? You're ruining my reputation."

"Better me than some random man. I wouldn't want you to feel ashamed of yourself because of them. You are truly special, and he is the one who should be ashamed." (Cal)

I can't tell him how much that actually meant to the me whose heart still hurts. If it were back on Earth, people like Tony could be easily forgotten. But here, it's hard.

I sometimes wonder if this world has it's own rules, it's own predestined fate for the people who live in it. How does my interference change that destiny?

"Calian and..... Mercia?" (Tony)

"Brother and sister, h-how long have you been standing there?" (Bianca)

I struggled to move out of his embrace but he tightened his hold on me even further and turned me around so that I wouldn't be facing Tony and Bianca.

"Yes, we have. No worries, we didn't hear a single thing you said. We're sorry to disturb you, my Merry was just shocked about something. If you would, we would like to excuse ourselves. Have a good day." (Cal)

And I was carried out in the most undignified posture ever. Honestly the things Cal do embarrasses me so much that I almost wish he'd be a girl. That way I wouldn't feel as embarrassed. Though I don't know how to explain why I would feel that way when the actions they had done would probably be the same.

"What was that about, I wonder.." (Tony)

"My Merry...? Was their relationship so close that they would call each other by endearing nicknames?" (Bianca)

"Well, I've only known Mercia from Calian, after all. They do seem very close with each other." (Tony)

"I don't like it.... Something feels wrong." (Bianca)

Tony looked ay Bianca's face for a while then hugged her gently, "Don't worry, no matter what happens, I will be on your side."

"Yes, thank you. I feel assured to hear you say that." (Bianca)

"Shh, don't look." (Cal)

I can't not look, Cal. Something's making me look! "Take me away, I don't want to be here anymore."