Chapter 6 - A shameful display

"Yeah, I got someone who'd like to meet you." (Cal)

"W-wait, I'm not ready yet..!! J-just hold on a sec, I gotta fix how I look and-"

"Pfft- Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Jeez, calm down. You look pretty enough." (Cal)

While saying that, he pets my head gently and smiles at me. What? Yeah, I know I'm pretty. But that's not what I meant by prepare. I don't know how to address him. Umm.... is it okay to be overly close because I'm younger? Or does my status as royalty count and will make him uncomfortable if I speak overly familiar to him?? Wait, what am I worrying about??? He's just seven, he wouldn't care about it!!! As long as I'm on my most proper behaviour.....right? Ah, what the heck. I'm going in!!

I waited as the handsome little boy walked towards us and flashed a huge grin. B-blinding..... "Tony, I'd like you to meet my little sister, younger than us by two years but don't underestimate her intelligence. Just a bit of time with her and I'd guarantee you'd call her genius. Though still a bit childish.." (cal)

What do you mean, childish?? Who are you to be calling me childish?? Your obviously just a brat while I'm.... well.... I'm in a body of a child..... but, I have a soul of a proper adult!!

"Hmm? Your little sister?" (Tony)

"Um... Nice to meet you, my name is Mercia, I just arrived here so getting a new friend is really nice...."

Stupid!!! Stupid!!! Getting a new friend is really nice? What are you? A preschooler??? Wait, I am.

"Don't worry, I'm not like your siblings. I won't hurt you." (Tony)

"And even if he did, I would've beaten him before he could even try." (Cal)

"Overprotective brother, are we now?" (Tony)

"Shut it, I'm just being a good brother to my new genius little sister." (Cal)

And with that he tried to hug me but I pushed him away and whispered, "Don't embarrass me, Cal!"

He squinted at me before kissing my cheek and running away shouting, "That's big brother Cal to you!!"

Grrrr.... if Tony weren't here right now I swear I'd catch this naughty mischievous brat and spank his butt so he could repent once in a while. Definitely not because I'm too small to spank him.

"Haha, it's rare for Cal to act so childish like that. Just what did you do to make him like you so much?" (Tony)

"I don't know, we only met a few hours ago."

"So you're a little genius? Speaking of little, you're two years younger than me, which makes you five........ Able to speak this fluently and being this calm and collected even though your whole life changed in a day.." (Tony)

"L-little genius??  No, I'm just normal. Maybe a bit smarter than the rest few people..."

"Mmhm, so.... How was your first time meeting those siblings of yours? I remember my first time, it did not go as well as I expected. I couldn't believe royal kids would act so..." (Tony)

So bratty? Spoiled? Uncultured? Selfish? Idiotic? *cough* wait, scratch that part, So wild? Wait that's not any better. What word can describe them but is polite enough to say?

I'm not gonna let him know I've got this weird sarcastic unappealing side of mine. Wait...what? Unappealing? What did I just say? There's no way I'll be unappealing. I've gotta stop shaming myself. I mean, the more you say it the more likely it'll come true, right? *coughs* TELL ME I'M ADORABLE.

"Haha. You're not that different from Cal, y'know? You've both been through tiring times. Or, in your case, it'll be 'will go through' tiring times." (Tony)

I wouldn't say tiring times exactly, I mean, I'm just five years old... what bad can they possibly do to me? Poison my drinks??

"Tiring times?"

"Yep, ask your big brother over there who has been through all the bullying. It was the worst years of his life. Even now he still can't forgive them. I can't imagine the pain he's going through having to deal with them on his own." (Tony)

"Bullying? Is he still getting bullied?"

These kids are barely ten!

"Who knows, he never told me, maybe he's still fighting them and I'm here completely oblivious to that." (Tony)

Ouch. No wonder bratty- I mean, Cal- was so mature for his age. Having to deal with stuff like this from the time where he should be playing with toy cars would probably twist even the most innocent kids. Even Tony is this mature... what did he have to go through to be this way?

"Hey, hey, hey, what were you telling her when I was away for awhile? Don't go feeding her weird stories of me." (Cal)

"Not much, Cal. In fact, I was about to tell her the time when you made all the little royal girls fawn over you, once getting even more chocolate gifts than the two older princes." (Tony)

"So you were a flirt after all..."

"Says the one currently flirt-" (Cal)

Once I heard how his sentence was going, I quickly grabbed his sleeves and flung him far away. There is no way I'm letting him ruin my chances at getting friendly with Tony. I'm almost to the part where we could be considered friends.. and then I can keep looking at wafers...*silentdrools*

Now that I think about it, kids are very scary here. They're smarter, more secretive and even more of a bother than usual. You wouldn't know whether one of these royal kids got smart and tried to poison people all of a sudden. Haha..... (I'm just kidding. I hope this doesn't happen.)

I felt a pull from the back and the now familiar warmth emanating from the body of a certain big brother. "Just be honest about liking him, if it's this guy, I guarantee you won't regret it. He's as interesting as you." (Cal)

"Really? I'm only five!"

You wouldn't understand the feeling of a person trapped with the taste buds from the twentieth century being fed stale bread and tasteless meat!! At least let me feast with my eyes!!! I don't like your vegetable appearance so leave me alone!!

I pushed him and stomped away from the two kids, I got a feeling they needed to talk privately and I'm gonna be the bigger man by excusing myself first.