The Comrades Behind Enemy Lines

Tatsumi woke up earlier than usual with a headache and groaned.

God, my head...

It was still dark outside, when he awoke. He wanted to go train with his new Imperial Arms and get a feel for how strong he was with Tyrant. He tried to sit up but was caught by Esdeath's embrace as she tightened her arms around him. She was, as usual, spooning him. But he distinctly remembers falling asleep facing her. He shook his head, focusing back on the task at hand.

He tried to remove her hands, earning him a disgruntled "Mmm..." from Esdeath. He tried again.

"Mmm...Tasumiiiii~" She said in her sleep. He pulled off her arms, to his surprise she didn't strain.

"...Come..." she started to say as she opened her eyes, staring up at the shirtless men she's fallen in love with.

"Come back to bed~..." she mused fully.

"Hm...I will, but I'll be right back." he said standing and walking towards his new sword and preparing to leave.

Esdeath was on him in a moment, fully awake. Realizing he was going to leave without her permission.

"Hmmm...leaving without my supervision or permission? My, you are a bold one aren't you?" She told him half serious, half joking.

"I'm just going out for a little training season Esdeath. I won't let anyone else be killed because I was to weak to protect them." He told her strongly, not backing down.

"Oh, Tatsumi. I've told you, those who die are simply to weak. The strong will always prevail and in your situation, you were stronger." She told him.

There it was, that same way of thinking. He was going to change that. She had her good sides. Her loving, caring, strong sides. But this side of her, the one that had this ill way of thinking. Her sadistic side.

There's no way any normal person would think that way...she's hiding something.

"Okay okay I get it, I still want to train. Can I please?" He asked, turning towards her and giving her puppy eyes.

"You are just too cute! Fine, but you hurry back. I'll punish you if you make me wait to long." A menacing smile appeared on her face as she kissed his forehead, thinking of all the lovely things she could do to him.

With that she sauntered sexily back to her-their bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she immediately fell back asleep.

As he walked towards the training hall, he heard grunts and huffs coming from a familiar Naval sailor.

Wave? Please don't tell me I'm walking in on someone doing...THAT!

He walked into the training hall, and thankfully it was just wave training.

"What the hell are you doing up so early?" He asked him.

"Well I'm- WHOA dude! Your ripped as fuck!!!" He exclaimed!

Tatsumi blushed uncontrollably and covered himself like a shy school girl being peeped on.

"Dude...you gay?" He asked, scootching (yes this is a real word!) away from him slowly.

"WHA-!?!? NO YOU DUMB-ASS! I'm simply acknowledging the fact that your crazy buff. Besides..." He became quite all of a sudden, this piquing Tatsumi's interest.

"Besides.." He egged him on.

"Besides...I-I like Kurome..." Wave spoke in a quiet voice.

"Oh. I knew that already, in fact I'm sure every Jaegers except Kurome knows." He said nonchalantly as he unsheathed his sword and started his one thousand swing training.