The Northern Troops

WAAAIT!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ THIS! IT IS IMPORTANT IN UNDERSTANDING THIS CHAPTER!!

THIS IS WHERE MY STORY BECOMES A LITTLE OOC. lol. Before we start, here is a little context for this chapter. The Northern "Troops"(As I call them) are heading towards the capital to finish unfinished business and vice versa. Esdeath and her army is heading towards the Northern troops. Unfortunately Tatsumi and his entire village is smack dab in the middle. No one in the story knows this expect you, the audience, of course. I hope that clears things up. Now I'll shut up and I hope you enjoy! A/N out✌.

Somewhere else north

"General, all troops are ready to move out on your command". A young soilders reported.

"Good, the capital has tried to take out land for many years now...".

The mysterious young general smirked

"...BUT NO MORE, WE WILL FINALLY DESTROY THOSE MANIACS AND THEIR CORRUPT WAYS"!!!

"RIGHT"! The young soilder said proudly.

The young General sat back down. He closed his eyes and allowed his thoughts to occupy his mind.

"Esdeath..." he growled to himself; remembering the name of the woman that scarred him both physically and mentally.

/////////

"Lets sent up camp here for tonight troops, we will set out again tomorrow"! Esdeath ordered.

"YES MA'AM"! The soilders responded and began to set up their tents.

Esdeath went into her own tent. As she started to strip down to her sleep wear she sighed.

"Oh Tatsumi, I have this incredible ache in my chest when you aren't here. How and why you make me feel these things is still a mystery. Soon enough we will find each other again"! She said optimistically.

"But first...". She grinned evil and sadistic like before continuing.

"I must fulfill my duties to the empire and destroy the Northern Troops"!

Now in her night wear, she laid  down on the woren down cot to rest. Before fully falling asleep she was reminded of the reason she is out here, besides the empire.

[Flashback]
"So who is our target Father"? A younger version of Esdeath asked.

"Tonight, my daughter we attack this village...". He said pointing at a Northeren village of the Numa Clan.

"This village has been hunting down our danger beasts. So we need to eliminate them. Do you see that large hut over there..."? He said pointing at the large snow covered hut

"...That's where the tribe leader is, we kill him-"

"THE REST WILL FALL APART"! Esdeath said finishing off her father's sentence with enthusiasm for knowing the answer.

"That's my girl" he said inching closer in the dark of night.

They were hiding behind a large pile of snowfall. The winter season was at its heaviest this time of year. There was snow constantly falling, enabling the father daughter duo to move around as they please while the snow covered their tracks.

They slowed down when they saw the two night guards patroling the area. With a few hand signals from her father, Esdeath and Her dad took the two down swiftly and silently via knife. After dragging and burying their bodies under the snow the duo made it to the front of the hut.

"Esdeath, I'll go in to take care of the  leader, you take care of any gurads". Her father told her sternly.

"Yes sir". She acknowledged moving closer.

The father of Esdeath ran into the hut quietly, but soon bumped into a dozen guards. Cursing under his breath he swiftly took down three of them with one blow but was occupied by the other nine. The Leader of the Numa clan soon came out with his young son to finish off the intruder, however the leader was quickly stopped by a skilled knife throw to neck by little Esdeath herself. (Damn).

"Your mine"! She yelled while running towards the chief with a short sword. At the same time, her father had just finished off the last one guard, he heard more yells from outside signaling others to come and defend their home.

"Esdeath"! Her father yelled her name trying to make sure his only daughter is safe!

"AHHHHHH"! Esdeath's war cry reverberated through the large hut as her sword stabbed through the stomach of Chief Numa.

"AARGHH"!!! Was all he could say before falling to the ground preceding to bleed out right in front of his son. The young boy stood there stunned. He didn't believe what he was seeing.

His father was dying in front of him.

He's eyes went blurry with tears. He couldn't see straight, he knees grew weak as he fell to the ground.

"F-Father..."

Esdeath looked at her father with glee for completing their mission! Before they escaped she looked at the  young son and said the same words her father said to her when her mother passed away.

"He died because he was weak"!

...

With that they escaped back to their own village.

[Flashback End]

The young General opened his lids revealing his blue eyes. Remembering those taunting words...

"He died because he was weak"!

"Mark my works Esdeath, I will have your head for taking away what was important to me".

With that he got up and left the room, fully prepared to lead his troops to victory.

Well? What do you think? Esdeath and our little general had some history huhhhh! Stay tuned for the next chapter! It'll be a dosy! Thank so much!!!❤ Please tell me if you don't understand or have any questions!!!