The Realization

"INNNNNNNCURSIOOOOOO!!!!"

The teigu responded to him. Almost immediately. Pure sliver armor enveloped his body. Not like Lionheart. This one felt...right. Like it's been meant to be from the beginning. However, it didn't look the same when Bulat wore it. It was evolving, becoming something more. Truly attaching to Tatsumi. He's need for power awakened the deep power with in the dormant blade.

His eyes became a blood red and his voice a modified form.

"I will kill you. You killed my friends...MY MEN! I WILL END YOUR PATHETIC LIFE MARCUS!" He screamed, running towards Marcus, adrenaline pumping through his veins!

"YES YES! That's it! Come at me boy!" Marcus yelled back preparing for his attack!

Rage was the only word to describe his actions. Marcus didn't even have a chance. Tatsumi swung. All his might into one swing. Of course, the demon dormant within Incursio gave him the strength he asked for. He carried his swing with upward momentum, successfully slashing the General in half.

"I-Impossible!"

Just like that, he was gone. That was the last thing he was able to get out before his blood spewed upon Tatsumi's new armor. Showering him in blood.

"I told you I'd kill you, you bastard!"

He walked towards his First Lieutenant and slapped her face trying to wake her up.

No response.

All of a sudden, the boat began to shake and crumble underneath his feet. His power on top of the battles before hand caused the ship to crack and crumble under its weight. It quite literally broke in half, sinking.

"SHIIIIIIIT" He cursed, grabbing his unconscious second in command and any man in the dining room he found breathing that was apart of his Squadron.

He dove into the water, three people on his back. He swam far, hard and fast. He had to get his people out of the water before they drowned. Eventually, he made it to shore. A small island off the coast. Once he made pulled his comrades up on the island, he checked that they were still breathing and laid down on the shore himself. He sighed. His body relaxed. He then, feel into sweet unconsciousness.

MY MY! NOT EVEN THE 100 MAN SLAYER ENTERTAINED ME THIS MUCH! BOY! WHAT IS YOUR NAME?

Huh? Who the hell are you?

NOW NOW, IS THAT HOW YOU RESPOND TO THE ONE WHO GAVE YOU POWER?

Fine but where the hell are we?

IN YOUR MIND. THIS IS WHERE WE COMMUNICATE. I AM THE DEMON DRAGON THAT LIES DORMANT WITH THIS SWORD! I AM TYRANT, BOY! YOU HAVE ENTERTAINED ME, YOU FIGHT WITH PROWESS AND ARE SKILLED, YET YOU HAVE INSTINCTS OF A WARRIOR, BLOOD-LUST SEEPS THROW YOUR VEINS!

I see, so you're the one who gave me power. I felt...good. I felt strong.

YES!!! MY POWER WILL ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER!! HOWEVER, I WILL NOT ACCEPT WEAKLING AS MY MASTER! BULAT WAS STRONG ENOUGH TO TAME ME! ARE YOU BOY?

Of course I can! Tatsumi explained to the Danger Beasts in his subconsciousness.

On the outside, Esdeath flew her tamed Danger Beast of her own. Trying to locate anyone from the wreck. The ship was fully submerged so anyone who survived had to be smart enough to reach the shore near where the ship sank. Only one thing was on her mind though.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Tatsumi!

I should have went with them! DAMNIT!

Where are you my love? I know you are not stupid enough to die on me!

As she circled back around, she spotted a few bodies. It didn't take her long to recognize a brown haired boy on the shore.

There!

She used her reigns around the beast to dive right towards him. Before the beast reached the ground, she pulled up allowing him to ease into the landing. She jumped off running towards him. She picked him up and put her head on his chest. A slow, peaceful, rhythmic thump from his chest soothed her worries almost instantly.

"I'm so glad you are alright my love." She whispered into his ear before acknowledging the rest of the people on the shore near him. Noticing none of her three beasts were there, she cursed inwardly.

[A few weeks later]

"W-where, where am I?" Tatsumi questioned quietly to himself.

Waking up on a soft bed, he stared at the ceiling. The white with hits of Esdeath's icy blue colored the room. Well that answered his question. Esdeath's room.

Esdeath...

It was dark outside and the only window within in the room shined brightly with the incoming moonlight. Tatsumi sat up, he was sore for sure and had bandages rapped around his body, but he wasn't in crazy amounts of pain as he was whenever he fought with Lionheart.

You make that much of a difference Tyrant?

INDEED BOY! THAT WEAPON YOU HAD BEFORE WAS WEAK COMPARED TO ME!

Tyrant spoke, replying to his new master. He had fought against Tyrant within his mind and had won, taming the S class danger beast...for now.

He heard water running in the bathroom and swung his legs over the bed wanting to get up. Before he could stand, Esdeath came out of the bathroom, fresh from a shower. Steam poured into the room. She was wearing nothing but a single long sleeved white blouse, lazily buttoned. Tatsumi started at her as she stared at him. No one moving, eyes locked with each others.

He's awake!

She's here!

Without warning Tatsumi stood and tried to run up to her but fell over, his legs being numb. She ran over too him picking him up in her arms.

"My love, be car-!" She couldn't get the rest of her words out because her lips were ensnared.

By his own.

For the first time, he had initiated the kiss, willingly. Not because he felt forced, nor because he knew he had to trick her into pretending he loved her. That wasn't needed anymore. He wanted this, he wanted her. Out of everyone he had known, from his village to those of Night Raid whom he had just recently met, she was the only one to survive. (Besides his mother and those he saved of course but hush and let him have his moment ;)) She was the only one by his side. For him that was enough. He saw that she truly did care for him. This was her good side. A side he could fall in love with. A side he did fall in love with.

He broke the kiss, tears in his eyes. Remembering all of those he had lost.

She looked at him worryingly.

"What's wrong? Do you have pain?" She asked. Her faced fixed with raw emotion and affection for him. Affection she didn't even know she had.

He hugged her, his face in her chest but he didn't care. He shook his head no to answer her question. He just sat there and cried. Cried for his village, his family, Ieyasu, Sayo, Night Raid, his men, his First Lieutenant, all of the patreons on the ship. Everyone he couldn't save. He cried for them, mourned for them. Esdeath picked him up and laid him in bed, allowing him to hold her as she stroked his hair soothingly. Cooing him with "its okay's and I'm here for you's". She hated seeing him so weak. Yet, she couldn't help comforting him in his weakness.

He cried until he fell asleep again in her arms. She looked at his face once more before slipping into dreamland herself.