The Trust

This is stupid late, please forgive me. And I'll do better. Ive just been busy. Please enjoy. Vote and comment, it's appreciated. ❤️

Tatsumi walked to the training grounds with General
Marcus. It was about time he got some exercise since the Night Raid incident, and with what happened earlier, this was a good excuse.

[Flashback]

"General Esdeath, I've fallen madly in love with you! Please allow me to court you!"

The Jeagures, along with Tatsumi, stared wide-eyed at the blunt confession given by the General.

The General was dressed in his normal military attire. A perfect, squared away uniform. With shined shoes and polished buttons. His hair combed back by his fingers. It was a dark black. As dark as the night sky with no stars in sight. And his chin pointed ever so slightly. He was indeed a very handsome man. Slender like Tatsumi but very muscular. A one in a million man.

"Oh?" Esdeath said, amused someone would try to sway her already stolen heart.

"Yes, although, I did hear you've already given yourself to another man. I wish to show you exactly why I am the better choice" General Marcus announced with a smirk.

The Jeagures looked at Tatsumi expecting him to say something. Tatsumi didn't really know what to say. Having Esdeath with someone else would keep her out of his hair. Enabling him to do as he pleases. That sounded nice and all but the thought of this "General" with Esdeath simply didn't sit right with Tatsumi.

Why? Why does it matter to me with whom she decides to be with? Uggggh! Tatsumi fought his brain until he stood and walked over to the two generals.

"Excuse me." He said. "I would be that other man."

"Ahhhh, so you're the boy that has seduced the lovely General huh?" He said with a certain growl in his voice and... a hint of disgust?

General Marcus had this sort of rotteness to him. Tatsumi couldn't pinpoint it but something was completely off about this guy.

"Come boy, you and I will duel for General Esdeath's heart, whoever wins shall claim their prize!" General Marcus said with great enthusiasm!

Esdeath didn't like the idea of being a prize unless it was to Tatsumi. However, she DID want to see if Tatsumi was at full strength again. Tatsumi looked at Esdeath who simply smiled and nodded her head. With a sigh, Tatsumi agreed to the duel and would meet with the General after their meal.

As the General walked away, Tatsumi spoke.
"So, if he actually wins would you give your heart to him?" He asked.

It was a genuine question.

Tatsumi wanted to know if she actually loved him...

"My love, I can not give something that I do not have, you have already taken my heart...." she said, completely shocking Tatsumi.

"...Although that doesn't mean you can lose." She grinned wickedly.

[End of Flashback]

He had his entire Squadron there, all 100 soldiers. He wanted to show them that although he was injured, he can still hold his own. He doesn't need insubordination; having someone try and take his position as Captain, was unacceptable. In fact, it would make his secret mission quite impossible.

Of course, he has thought about it. What would happen if he was found out? Would he join Night Raid? Become a traitor and betray his own men? Every part of him was committed to joining Night Riad... Except for his heart. He was slowly but surely falling for Esdeath, although he'd never admit it to her. He loves her little giggles. Her artic eyes that glisten in the moonlight. Her warm-hearted side that only he was able to witness. She was so strong and terrifying yet so caring and concerned. Of course, he still had his pain he harbored for what she did. But it was out wayed by his growing feelings for her. The thought of allowing that snob of a general being able to witness those features he got to see rubbed him the wrong way!