(REAL UPDATE) The Double Agent

Tatsumi walked down the hall towards the nursing bay. He hasn't seen the person who saved his life in a while. His first lieutenant, Rebecca. According to Esdeath, she had gone to the Capital while wounded and reported what had happened. Ever since, she's been in the nursing bay. He rounded the corner when he was close to the room and when he entered he checked in with the nurse standing-by. She pointed to a room and he knocked lightly. Rebecca stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes slowly.

When she saw her Captain, she immediately tried to salute but was unable to due to her wounds.

"At ease solider, you are injured" Tatsumi said in a voice that was stern yet soft.

"Yes sir". She responded, smiling.

"How are you feeling? I heard you preformed greatly when I was captured. Thank you for saving me by the way, I wouldn't be here if you didn't warn the Capital." He told her.

𝘈𝘭𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘐 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘷𝘪𝘢 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭.... He thought quickly.

Her eyes went wide when her Captain thanked and complemented her. Growing up she wasn't appreciated much. She was treated poorly by her family and her so called friends.

"T-Thank you Captain, it was my pleasure". She said humbly.

"So really how are you feeling? Tell me what happened." Tatsumi requested. He knew the gist of the story, but something didn't seem right, so he needed an outsider's perspective.

"Yes sir, So... as I recall. The soldiers were told by Duke Harold that they could eat dinner. That's when you left. I decided to stay and make sure those men didn't do anything stupid to make you look bad. However,...". She hesitated.

Tatsumi pulled up a chair next to her bed and grabbed her hands. He looked and her and smiled softly. He wanted to show that he could be trusted and whatever she had to say she could say it without fear of being called a traitor or worse... being killed.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me." He stated.

She sighed and continued, not being able to resist his handsome features and what they wanted. 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘯 . Her thought made her blush and look away from him.

𝘙𝘌𝘉𝘌𝘊𝘊𝘈 𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘈𝘊𝘛𝘜𝘈𝘓 𝘍𝘜𝘊𝘒!?! She internally screamed!

After hearing a giggle and seeing from the corner of her eye his own eyebrow raised in confusion. She quickly regained her composure and looked at him again.

"If I may say so, there was something off. Something wasn't right about the place or the people. I couldn't tell you to be honest. So I decided not to eat the food. After I heard screams and tried to wake up your men, but they wouldn't wake up. Not due to laziness simply because the couldn't. I had a run in with a Night Raid member. Someone with pink hair and a rifle like tegiu."

𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘦... Tatsumi thought.

"We fought a little then for some reason she retreated. When I heard your screams I ran as quickly as possible with the wounds I had endured. Then I saw you being taken. I was in pretty bad shape but I knew I couldn't just do nothing. So I did what I could to get to the Capital. I really don't know why all the men were basically unconscious. It was quite strange really." She concluded.

Tatsumi released her hands and she frowned ever so slightly.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯. He thought.

He knew they were basically fucked in the head so Night Raid was right about that. So it isn't just the Minister. It was every damn wealthy person within miles. He thought about the horrendous image of his best friend, more like brother, with his boils and bruises. Poisoned by the evil girl. He didn't care who the hell it was he had to take down, every single person with ties to the Capital was going to die by his hand. First things first he needed to find out who was truly loyal to him. Not the Empire. Then he needed to find his next target while gaining the trust of his "lover".

He was going to use Esdeath to the fullest. There had to be perks to dating the Empire's Strongest. Besides the mind-blowing sex. He had to make it seems like those on the Capital with high power were out to get him. He'd make her destroy her own army. Her own fellow comrades that she already didn't like to begin with.

While he was formulating his plan, he was snapped out of his thoughts when a pair of arms sent icy chills down his spine as said arms wrapped around his shoulders.

"What were you thinking about hmmm?" Esdeath whispered proactively in his ear and her words nipped his ear lobe almost literally giving him frost bite.

He hadn't noticed her knock and come in at all. Nor did he notice how long his Lieutenant had been saluting for.

He waved her salute away telling her she needed to rest and thanking her for her information. He stood up from his chair and walked out of the room, Esdeath still on hanging on to him. When they were out of the room, she stopped walking making him stop with her. He turned his head of his shoulder to look at her. She never really revealed much but her face gave away whatever "emotion" she felt.

Tatsumi sighed.

"Please don't kill my men." He said with a pleading tone.

"They were slacking off and never should have accepted food on the job, whether there was something funny in it or not. It's what got you hurt." She told him, rage seeping through her calmed voice.

So that's why she was being extra clingy. He isn't going to be let out of her sight again very easily. This was going to be a problem. He needed info from Night Raid.

"I allowed it Esdeath, it was my own fault. I was to careless. I won't let it happen again." He told her.

She turned him around and let their lips connect. It wasn't a hungry kiss nor was rough and sexual. It was a sweet, passionate kiss. One filled with raw affection towards each other. It kinda amazed him how she cared so much. It wasn't that he wasn't loved as a child or anything. It's just that so much has happened to him within one year and although she can be harsh at times Esdeath was and has been the only person by his side.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and held her face in his hand. Surprised, Esdeath looked at him and he smiled that innocent smile of his.

"Thank you." He said before delving back into the kiss.