Chapter 35 - Monopoly money & delivery

Start from the beginning

I glanced uneasily towards it, then back to my room, then back at the door that Shawn stood behind. I was about to make a mad rush towards my room to change out of my pajamas, but with another threatening knock on the door, I found myself heading towards it instead.  Pulling it open, I revealed Shawn Mendes miraculously dressed in a light blue button down that made his eyes seem brighter than ever, dark slacks, and the usual black dress shoes. His cheeks were flushed a rosy red from the winter air. 

Before I could even process what was happening, he was tugging me into his arms and enveloping me in a bone-crushing hug that would have been painful, if it wasn't the best way I could possibly think of to be greeted.  "Are you going to invite me in?" He mumbled into my hair. 

"Yeah," I whispered back. "I guess you can come in." 

Shawn pulled away with an easy grin, taking my hand in his as he followed me into the small, well-loved apartment that I called my home. I led him to the kitchen, where my coffee was almost finished brewing. The scent of Shawn's cologne mixed with coffee was like my own personal heaven.

"So why are you here?" I asked as I poured myself a cup. 

"Is it a problem that I am?"  I gave him an annoyed look and brought the cup of coffee to my lips, blowing slightly to cool it down.

"No, Shawn . But don't you have to work?" 

"I was up until seven in the morning fixing all my employees shit. So no, I do not. In fact, I came here so that we could complete your terms of the bet." 

Glancing him up and down, I couldn't help but scoff. My terms of the bet was a lazy day, complete with cuddling and doing absolutely nothing, and here he was, standing in my foyer in full out dress wear and looking like he was about to give a speech for mayor.

"Shawn , I wanted to have a relaxing day. You're dressed like you're going to a funeral." 

"I came here straight from work. If you do not want to have your side of bet, then we won't." 

I took another sip of my coffee and shrugged in contemplation. "Fine. But you have to wear something different. Like one of Tyler's t-shirts or something." 

He scowled, but followed me willingly to Tyler's room that Russo had now vacated. We flipped through his massive amounts of sweater Le and bow ties before finally coming upon a few lone t-shirts, which I tossed to Shawn's .  I watched in fascination as he slowly unbuttoned his t-shirt, keeping his eyes locked on mine the entire time, and causing my heart to speed up to an unnatural pace. By the third button, I had to avert my eyes or I would have passed out at the sight of his bare, that was most likely sculpted by the gods. 

When I turned back around, he was staring down at his outfit in bemusement. He had on a Rolling Stones t-shirt l, dress slacks, and dress shoes. I burst out into a fit of laughter at the awkward sight, which only caused his frown to grow. 

"Norah, I look like a clown." 

"It's fine," I giggled as I turned back to the drawers. "I'll find you some pants, too." 

5 minutes later, I was on the floor doubled over and grasping for air. The noises of amusement which were coming out of my mouth were horribly unattractive and probably not human, but at that point I was far past caring.  Shawn Mendes stood in front me, upper lip twitching as he tried to keep his composure, wearing Tyler's pants that were at least 2 sizes too small and stopped right above his hairy ankles.

He looked the most awkward I had ever seen him look, and it was absolutely adorable.  Every time I tried to regain my composure, I would look up and then lose it all over again. The sight was too much for me to handle. So when he started pulling off the pants, I was still doubled over in laughter and couldn't even bring myself to stare at his thin thighs that looked absolutely delectable.