87 ~ back from away

Start from the beginning

"She is." Lisa spoke to him, tugging on her hand a bit.

"It's unfortunate what happened but I do have to warn you, we are too close to the end of the school year and testing for me to slow up my teachings." He spoke again, looking directly at Chaeyoung.

"Rosie, give him your homework." Lisa whispered to her. Chaeyoung nodded, opening her bag and taking out the stack of homework that he had given her to complete.

"What's this?" He questioned as he took it in his hands. His eyes soon softening and widening a bit as he read over the pages.

"M-My homework..." Chaeyoung whispered.

"She did all of it." Lisa spoke. "Because she's smart." And with that, Lisa pulled Chaeyoung to her seat.

As soon as Chaeyoung sat down she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, tensing up a bit from the sudden feeling.

"Hey Chaeyoung. It's good to see you." BamBam said as he hugged her. "We've missed you."

Roseanne felt the smile on her face as she put her hands on BamBam's arms. "It's g-good to see you too."

"Your hair looks really pretty by the way." He smiled as he went back to his seat. Giving Lisa a shoulder pat as he did.

"T-Thanks."

"Class." Their teacher spoke after the bell rang, gathering the attention of all the students. "I would like to start off the morning by apologizing to Miss Park."

All the students looked at each other, then to Chaeyoung. She suddenly grew pale and looked down.

"I'm sorry for doubting you. You're doing well, keep it up." He spoke again. Chaeyoung not looking up from her view of her composition book. "With that, lets continue reviewing the current lesson."

Lisa put a hand on her arm as their teacher talked. Chaeyoung looking over to her. "He said you're doing well." She smiled.

Roseanne just looked back down. She was happy she was, but the eyes of the class was still upsetting her. She didn't feel anxious, but she felt vulnerable.

And she did for the whole class.

Lisa walked her to her second period. Giving Chaeyoung a quick kiss on her cheek before speaking. "Remember, you can always text me and don't forget to turn in your homework."

"Okay."

"Okay." Lisa smiled. "Love you."

"Love you too."

Chaeyoung smiled, watching Lisa walk away, down the hall, and to her next class. But, Chaeyoung's smile dropped as she turned and entered the classroom.

To her surprise, no one looked to her. She released an immediate sigh of relief. Sitting down in her usual seat.

And as if on command, people turned their heads to steal a glance at her. Roseanne sliding down into her seat even more.

"Chae! Your back." The sound of Wendy's voice filled the rather quiet room behind Chaeyoung. She turned to the girl who just entered with a soft smile.

Wendy embraced her and gave her a look over. "I'm loving the hair." She smiled. "I'm glad you're feeling better. Lisa told me you were sick."

"Thanks. I feel better."

"How's the guitar?"

Roseanne bit her lip as a bright smile formed. "Good. Thanks for helping Lisa chose it." She whispered.

"Of course." Wendy replied before heading off to her seat, a couple of chairs away.

Chaeyoung was approached by her teacher just after class began. Chae making sure to hand over her homework as Lisa said to.

But during the lesson, Chaeyoung could hear a conversation from a couple girls that sat some seats away.

Them almost sounding like they were purposefully whispering loud enough for her to hear.

"She thinks dying her hair will hide the fact that she takes shit?" One whispered.

"Guess so. She must think we're too dumb to remember."

"I mean, it's hard to forget. You see her arms?"

Chaeyoung looked down to her scarred arms. Her one being way worse than the other. Immediately pulling it in and folding them together.

This is why she wears jackets. So people can't see.

Why did she let Lisa talk her into dressing nice?

"Oh shit, looks like she heard." The second girl whispered. But in a non caring way that confirmed to Roseanne that they wanted her to overhear them the whole time.

"Hey." A familiar voice called her. Chaeyoung looked over to Wendy, past the several other students looking her way.

"Don't listen to them." Wendy stated. "They're just jealous." Wendy glared over at the girls who looked away, acting stuck up.

Chaeyoung just watched the exchange in silence until Wendy spoke again. "You look really beautiful with that hair and outfit today."

Roseanne just nodded and looked back down. That was until she heard another voice. One she hasn't recognized before.

"I agree." A boy said, smiling to her. "Don't listen to them."

Chaeyoung nodded again, a small smile on her face as she bowed slightly to him before returning her attention to the tabletop.

Where it stayed all second.

And third.

The only time Chaeyoung looked up from her third period class was when she gave her teacher the homework.

Earning a surprised 'nice job' from her. No one expecting to receive any of it back, let alone all of it.

Her third period class didn't mind her too much. They never had though, which Chaeyoung guesses was nice?

But now she was making her way to lunch. Where she would luckily, be reconnected with Lisa and their friends.

She actually couldn't wait to see Jennie and Jisoo. Considering they only visited her a couple times during her two and a half ish weeks away.