Chapter 34

May 6, 2019
Performance Center
Orlando, FL

The Performance Center opens and the wrestlers in training walk in with Matt Bloom and I in the ring.

"Alright recruits. We have a new member of the team starting today." Matt says. "Everyone, let's welcome Malaika." The group applauds.

"Hi everyone." I say. "I'm really happy and excited to be here training you all. I just want to make one thing clear, I may be known as the motherly type, but I am not your mother. You all have one and I have 5 kids and I don't need any more. But if you do need someone to talk to, I am here."

"Malaika will be here not only for in-ring training but also for character and promo development." Matt explains. "Alright as you all were." The crowd disperses and I stand in the ring and sigh.

Later in the day, I take the group through some drills for developing their characters and we practice before it's time for lunch. As soon as I can, I call Galina.

"Hey working woman. How's it going over there?"

"So far so good. The kids here are bright. Lot's of talent. Speaking of kids, how are my babies?"

"Anjali misses you desperately. It was hard to get her to daycare. Joelle and Mark are counting down the days until the school year is over."

"And the twins?"

"Lilo is trying to get Leati to hold his head up on his own. But he's oppositional so he's not doing it just yet." I sigh.

"I miss you guys."

"We miss you too. You'll be home soon enough."

"Kiss my babies for me."

"Will do. Bye." I hang up the phone and go find something to eat.

~

Monday Night Raw
Cincinatti, OH

Joe's POV:

"Dude stop staring at your phone. She's fine." Colby says.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because if she were having trouble, you and I both know that you'd be the first person she contacts."

"Hey guys." Styles walks in. "Woah buddy. What's up with you?"

"He's panicking." Colby says.

"Not panicking." I clarify.

"It's Malaika's first day working at the Performance Center and she hasn't heard from him yet."

"Aw man." His Southern accent rings. "This is her first day back at work. A lot has happened to her, she got pregnant, retired, went through your leukemia, your remission and had twins. She left her kids behind to go to work an hour away. I know your wife Joe, she'd want to hear your voice."

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah. When Wendy went back to work after we had Ajay, I called her on her lunch break and she was relieved."

"Thanks man. I'll give her a call."

"No problem." He and Colby leave the locker room and I dial my wife's number.

"Baby girl?"

"Good God Joseph. You have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice."

"Really?" I ask.

"I mean nothing bad is going on or anything, I just really needed to hear your voice. How are you my love?"

"Good now. How's it over there?"