Chapter 27

April 10, 2018
Anoa'i House
Tampa, FL

After a grueling weekend, we're finally home. Our car pulls into the driveway and we all get out with our bags.

"Babe? You know whose car that is?" I ask my husband. He shakes his head and I just shrug it off. We all go inside and drop our bags and I hear a strange noise. "What was that?" I pull the kids back. "Go check it out." I push Joe.

"Why me?"

"You're the man." Galina says. "Go." he rolls his eyes.

"It's nothing."

"Like hell it is." I argue. The person comes into view.

"It's about time you guys got home."

"Dee!" Anjali screams, throwing her hands in the air.

"Come here munchkin." She breaks off and goes running into her godfather's arms.

"Jonathan Good, you gave me a heart attack! What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to surprise everyone. And I did." Galina looks at Joe.

"Did you know about this?"

"Of course. I gave him a copy of the key and the code to the alarm." I roll my eyes.

"I got the kids something." he says. I furrow my eyebrows. "Come on outside." we follow him outside to see a giant jungle gym in the backyard.

"Oh my god

"Oh my god. How long have you been here?" I ask.

"Since yesterday afternoon."

"Mommy can we play?" Joelle asks.

"After you all unpack." Galina says. Joelle grabs Mark's hand and they run into the house. Anjali isn't leaving Dean's side for anything. Not even a fancy jungle gym.

"What do you think?"

"It's amazing bro. Thanks."

"Yeah Dean it really is." I go into the house and grab the men beers.

"Come on cupcake, let's go check out that swing set." he carries Anjali over.

"So how long have you two been planning this?" I ask my husband.

"A while. He thought I would be coming back with the Championship... but I texted him and told him what happened and that made him want to come over even more." We look over at him pushing our daughter on the swing. "And he missed her like crazy. He wants to take her."

"A dónde? Vegas?" he nods. "Hm. It's not a bad idea."

"We're finished!" Joelle, Mark and Boo come running outside.

"Go ahead." I say. The three of them take off running to meet their sister and uncle while Joe, Galina and myself take a seat on the lawn chairs, poolside and we watch the kids.