Chapter 15

Let's do a quick re-cap of past events. Let's start with the bad. Matt's death. It was so difficult to sit through something like that. If you know me, you know I HATE funerals. But it was nice to be with everyone. This was the first time that the entire family is seeing both Joelle and Anjali so of course everyone wanted to hold Anjali. I honestly wished Dean was there to keep her from being passed around. But if she didn't want to be held by someone, her facial expressions made it clear.

But when it came to Joelle, a lot of people were suspect around her. I mean I understand why they're hesitant around her she just came out of nowhere but she is his so they just had to suck it up. Besides Joe and myself, she stuck with Joe's parents and the twins. I felt so bad for her, but unfortunately I can't change how people feel.

Then we had the Europe Tour, which I was actually on and I was so happy! They let me be the special guest referee for the women's matches the whole tour and it was so much fun. The fans really enjoyed it as well. Maybe if I don't do anything else with my career I could be a ref...

ANYWAYS.... I'm whisking Joe away for his 32nd birthday.

May 23, 2017

"Joe! Hurry up! We're gonna miss our flight."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." He comes thumping down the steps with his suitcases. "Can you tell me where we're going?" he whines.

"No. Stop whining." He groans. "We'll be back next Tuesday mom."

"Bye baby girl." Joe says.

"Bye-bye dada. Mommy leave?"

"Yes sweetie mommy's leaving too." we kiss her head. "We'll be home Tuesday."

"Tooseday?" she asks and I nod. "Bye-bye mommy." She kisses my cheek.

"Bye baby." We grab our bags for the next couple days and head out.

"Can you at least give me a hint?" he asks in the cab.

"Nope." I turn my head towards the window. He grumbles to himself and turns to his window causing me to smile. He gets so irritated when I keep things like this from him.

Joe's POV:

I get so irritated when she keeps things like this from me.

I just want to know because I'm excited. I never know what this woman has up her sleeve. Then again she never knows what I have up my sleeve either. I'm just really excited.

We pull up to the airport and I follow my wife inside to where we're supposed to be. It's killing me not to look around at the signs for at least a hint as to where we're going. We take a seat and wait for us to be called for the flight. She hands me a folded piece of paper.

"They're going to call it soon enough so you might as well look." I take the piece of paper from her hand and unfold it. It's two tickets to Key West. I smile widely. "Satisfied?" I nod frantically.

"I can only imagine what you have planned." I kiss my wife's cheek.

"Oh trust me babe. It's gonna be nice. Happy early birthday my love." 

~

The two of us land in Key West and go immediately to our hotel room to drop our bags off.

"Wow..." we say at the same time.

" we say at the same time