Chapter 9

November 1, 2016
Tampa, FL
Anoa'i House

"Laika... We gotta jump on the plane..." Joe groans.

"Quiet you. I'm saying goodbye to my baby." I turn back to my daughter who's staring at me with her big, brown, beautiful eyes. "It's only a little bit baby. Mommy won't be gone long."

"Mama?" She says.

"Yeah baby. It won't be long love." She presses kisses on her face. "I love you. So much. I love you, I love you, I love you." I pull her away from me. "Take her. Take her before I pack her in my suitcase." My husband takes her from me and hands her to my mom as I pout on the couch.

"Great!" Joe claps his hands together. "Let's get a move on." He grabs the suitcases. "We'll see you in a couple days Jocelyn." He kisses his daughter on the head.

"Dada."

"Bye baby girl. Love you."

"Bye baby." I say to Anjali. "I love you." We leave the house, closing the door behind me. We throw the suitcases in the trunk and get in the car.

"Don't worry love, we'll be back at the house soon enough. It'll be a happy moment." Oh yeah. Did I forget to mention? My brother and Sunaina are going to elope at the courthouse. So we're supposed to leave the Europe tour and go to San Francisco to watch them get married. Mom isn't happy with the whole eloping thing, but they just want to be married and they promised to have a party later.

"I guess." I shrug. Joe sighs and takes my hand.

"You'll be ok. It's just a couple days. You'll be having so much fun, you won't even notice." My phone rings while we ride to the airport.

"Hello Mark."

"Malaika, are you driving right now?"

"No... Why? Should I be?"

"Oh God no."

"Why shouldn't I be driving Mark...?"

"Because I have some news for you."

"Good or bad?"

"Good."

"Well spit it out!"

"You're going to Survivor Series."

"No shit Mark. Someone has to valet Joe." He laughs on the other end.

"No Malaika I mean you're on the Raw woman's team for Survivor Series."

"What?! Are you kidding me?!"

"No Malaika. I'm not. You're in. You have a match when you get to Germany with Bayley against Dana and Nia to kick off the tour. And we will make the official announcement on Raw next week." I scream.

"Thank you so, so, so, so much!"

"You're welcome. I'll see you in Germany." He hangs up.

"What happened babe?" Joe asks urgently.

"You are looking at a team member for Raw at Survivor Series."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously." I squeal. "I'm so happy. You have no idea." My face starts to hurt from smiling so much. "I finally moved up. All's right in the world now."

"I'm happy for you baby."

"I'm getting there. Slowly but surely."

A/N: Yes I am replacing Malaika with Alicia. I can do that because it's my book. You don't like it, don't read.